1986 MCSS: Turbocharged LT1 Project w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeboDaddy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2009
Hi all, new to the forum. Just picked up a 1986 Monte SS and an LT1 out a '94 Z28. Just started tearing stuff apart today so I figured I'd start a thread for the build. Its going to be a bolt-on LT1 with a single T70 t4 turbo setup on it.

I'll be documenting the entire build and taking pictures along the way, so I'll keep you all up to date on this forum. I plan on having everything done in 2-3 months, so be patient with me. :)

The first pics are of the car when I first purchased it, and they will be in chronological order from there down. And there's gonna be ALOT of pictures in here, so if your still on dial-up, then sorry. ;)

Oh yea, I also threw in a pic of my Daily Driver 1988 Monte SS at the bottom of the page. :wink:

beginningpics.jpg

beginningpics4.jpg

beginningpics3.jpg

9beginningpics2.jpg

IMG00001.jpg

IMG00006.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00015.jpg

IMG00019.jpg

IMG00017.jpg

IMG_0699resized.jpg

IMG_0696resized.jpg
[/img]

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
Nice cars! Can't wait to see the progress!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wow sounds like a fun build....what are you doing with the old a/c setup from this car? I may need a few pieces if your getting rid of it

DeboDaddy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2009
What pieces do you need? I definitely dont need the a/c compressor, and I dont think I'll be needing the lines. I'm actually not even sure if I'm running the a/c at all, so I may not need the condenser or dryer either.

The LT1 is supposed to be in tomorrow (damn slow truck freight), so as soon as I get it I'll let you know what I'll be keeping and what I'll be setting to the side.

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
do you plan to convert the harness yourself or go the easy way, buying a painless wiring harness ?

I`m also going the LT1 route but no power adder
Dan

DeboDaddy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2009
No, I'll be doing the harness myself. I'm really not completely set on a turbo build. I may just do a heads/cam setup, but I'm not quite that far in the build yet... :)

My goal for the car is high 11's on pump gas. How I reach that really doesn't make a difference to me, as long as its not on nitrous. lol

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Nice rides! Can' wait to the finished project. I dig the blacked out lenses on the blue SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor