1986 monte ss axle options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, the 8.5's were 28 spline, so the axles were available. The f bodies didn't get the 28 spline until 89 possibly 88. It seems, that the early 7 5/8's were 26 spline 3 series carriers. Then the laters were 28 spline. Whereas most 7.5's were 2 series carriers. Granted I have nothing to back that up other than all the rears i've taken apart.

jrm81bu said:
Ya, the 8.5's were 28 spline, so the axles were available. The f bodies didn't get the 28 spline until 89 possibly 88. It seems, that the early 7 5/8's were 26 spline 3 series carriers. Then the laters were 28 spline. Whereas most 7.5's were 2 series carriers. Granted I have nothing to back that up other than all the rears i've taken apart.

I have a feeling your right tho cause I can't find anything that the SS 7 5/8 ever had the 28 spline axles. If they did I think that would be noted in at least some of the forums for the SS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor