1986 Pontiac Grand Prix Parts Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
If it has a factory tach and gauges I would want those. I'm in NYC.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
bonne..if you can't find a stock tach I installed a 5" VDO tach in the cluster with a little bit of modification. I have had people take a look at it and they thought it was a stock tach but the VDO name gave it away..and it's nice to have a tach that's accurate...

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That'll be my last resort GP. I had several good leads but these guys fall asleep at the wheel right in the middle of a deal. :roll: Cptech has a whole dash with VDO and it's awesome but I don't need a whole dash and a soldier was interested so I told him to wait on the soldier. I just want the factory tach to replace that hideous fugly clock that's there.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
bonne..I have the tach I took out of my GP...I know it did work but it wasn't very accurate, some days it'd be hitting 4000 rpm when I figure I was doing less than 2500. If you want to pay the shipping it's all yours....

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Thank's , GP, I'm looking at a parts car in Brooklyn this week. I'll let you know.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
bonne...one thing that you might have overlooked is that if you have a clock in place now there is a hole in the plastic cover to set the clock....there isn't a hole in the cover for the tach...just mentioning this so if you come across a cover for a cluster for a tach set up you might want to grab it..

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Pontiacgp I will indeed take you up on that offer. You got mail.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Any cool suspension pieces? Such as the F-41 frame bars from under the enging up to the ends of the frame horns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor