1987 Cutlass Build

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
So an all new Qjet casting. An AFR gauge would interesting to see if it does anything strange.

Yeah im very interested to see how its going to run, or if it was a wasted experiment. Time will tell on that one.

Just started my 87 442 disassembly, not sure how long it’s going to take but we’re going down to the frame, going to box it in for strength and go from there…. Look out for all the cash that’s going to be flying.
My advice is to not let it take too long. Have your ducks in a row and get it back together with a realistic goal. This car was last on the road in 2011 and now just getting back to a mobile project car. It was a compound issue of course with life and kid priorities. Also of course the cash flow to keep a restoration project like that going. So long story short is restored cars are nice and all but i would rather have one that i can get in and drive than one thats in the garage in pieces.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Absolutely I agree.. I have been collecting parts for some time. Some I have to wait for disassembly and send out. But no wife or kid responsibilities lets me have more time. Not sure if that’s good or not but two job’s definitely keep me busy. The garage is always sacred time.

Reactions: 2 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Well some slight progress and good news. Haven't had a lot of time to work on the cutlass but I did manage to get ahold of a VFN hood yesterday. Looks great! Still needs finishing but that will happen eventually
20230527_200025.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor