1987 cutlass supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutdoggin442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2011
compression on all eight cylinders is fine it doesn't smoke when you crank it up or when its just idling only when you get on it a little engine runs smooth has decent power but your right with the rings because wouldn't it smoke only when you you first start it up and then quit if it was the valve seals thanks for the advice and does anyone have any clue how much it should cost if i pull engine myself then take it to have it rebuilt with new hydr. roller cam, lifters, timing chain, rod, crank, cam bearings, and all other necessary components including machine work on block and heads with standard 3-angle valve job hopefully just honed and reuse stock pistons basically just a stock rebuild and labor.

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
what I would do ;;;

engine has lo miles so might be full of sludge inside

nothing to loose at that point .....

put an engine cleaner in the oil ( even diesel would do ) let it run idling for 15 -20 minutes .....
change oil & filter
give it a real ride like 50 miles to get the engine really at operating range ....check the temp to be sure it`s at least at 180 deg while you run ....

then check that white smoke you say it does ....is it that intense , or just condensation ?

Cyborg-Elite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2013
racing8up said:
with the white smoke could be a bad head gasket that would cause it to run poor just a thought :D

wtf is everyone problem>????? bad head gasket.bad head gasket,... chill out with that.. dont listen to that moron.. if the car has been sitting up for a while then its burning off carbon deposits man.. run seafoam and BAM!!! your good.. you can say my car lean to the right when i turn my wheel to the left and you will get some idiot saying its a bad head gasket..

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Cyborg-Elite said:
racing8up said:
with the white smoke could be a bad head gasket that would cause it to run poor just a thought :D

wtf is everyone problem>????? bad head gasket.bad head gasket,... chill out with that.. dont listen to that moron.. if the car has been sitting up for a while then its burning off carbon deposits man.. run seafoam and BAM!!! your good.. you can say my car lean to the right when i turn my wheel to the left and you will get some idiot saying its a bad head gasket..
Surely, it was resolved a couple years ago when this now dead thread was active. :roll:

Cyborg-Elite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2013
seriously search the board about any mechanical problems about any car on here you wil get a goofball saying its a HEADGASKET!!!

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Cyborg-Elite said:
seriously search the board about any mechanical problems about any car on here you wil get a goofball saying its a HEADGASKET!!!

Yeah, but why would you a) bring up a thread from 2 freakin years ago to comment on it and b) why do you have to resort to name calling to get your point across? People will tend to not take you serious when you do things like that.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
After I pointed out the 2+ year old thread, he continues to rant. And he's a n00b. :blam:

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
454muscle said:
After I pointed out the 2+ year old thread, he continues to rant. And he's a n00b. :blam:

Yes, but he could also be one of those guys who knows everything. :wink:

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
:rofl:

Cyborg-Elite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2013
454muscle said:

because i was searching for posts people were posting with the same issues i have with my car!!! and this post was the exact thing i was needing help with and i dont like posting the same threads that people have already posted.. if anything wrong with your car people say it the HEADGASKET!! thats what my point was about.. i dont carE how old the post is.. i just care if it gonna help me or not... thats why we are supposed to be a community.. this isnt a FOXBODY FORUM this is a GBODY FORUM!! SO ACT LIKE IT.. DAMN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor