1987 Monte Carlo SS Build - Aka Project Grown

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Im not sure exactly how important the #4 is but i would try and fab something in its place. I know some g bodys come from the factory - the #5 body bushings but it doesn't bolt in like #4. Im sure some others with more experience/knowledge will chime in. I imagine you'd have some body roll since nothing will be holding the driver side down between the middle of the door to behind the back tire.

Reactions: 2 users

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
Im not sure exactly how important the #4 is but i would try and fab something in its place. I know some g bodys come from the factory - the #5 body bushings but it doesn't bolt in like #4. Im sure some others with more experience/knowledge will chime in. I imagine you'd have some body roll since nothing will be holding the driver side down between the middle of the door to behind the back tire.

Yes, I am going to fab something in place as the rest of the cross member is in great shape. Got most of the other new mounts in will finish them up tomorrow.

Waiting on all the parts to slowly trickle in ... many delays with Covid.. bare with me guys!!

I am trying to decide to get new inner fenders or not... mine are cracked. Choices... spend the money on new ones or paint up the cracked ones.

Ill let you guys decide!

Reactions: 2 users

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
Where are you from. Im in Indianapolis and have a set if you pick them up you can have them.

I'm in Toronto Canada... if your welling to ship ( I know they are a big pain in the *ss) PM me.. id be willing to pay if they are in good shape!

Reactions: 1 user

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
Guys,

I'm unsure where to find a replacement or something for the mesh ... under the hood that attaches to the left side just above the heater box and window. I have taken the heater box out but my current mesh that goes against the window.. I have no idea what its called or where to find a replacement.

IF that makes any sense... ill try and get a picture tonight!

CDUNIGAN1981

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2015

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
So some goodies arrived today... Ridetech Coil overs, muscle bar and Wilwood brakes!

Tons of work still to do...

-Chassis paint/frame (what paint do you guys recommend?)
-Run electrical threw fenders, wire in battery to trunk, and fuel pump
-Run new gas line
-Weld up floor from body mount install
-Pick tires to run 275/35/18 (recommendations?)
-Mufflers 3'' (recommendations?)

Attachments

• IMG_8026.jpg
    IMG_8026.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_8028.jpg
    IMG_8028.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_8030.jpg
    IMG_8030.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_8031.jpg
    IMG_8031.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_8032.jpg
    IMG_8032.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Very jealous of the muscle bar, I want to get one but don't want to pay that much for it

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor