1987 Olds 442 Project Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Just got a rendering done of the vision in my head of how my car will look when finished. I went to Shawn Mascoll after seeing Andrew's FE3X rendering. I love it! Shawn is really talented and easy to work with. I highly recommend him. Check out his FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mascoll-Designs/131591186895262

Here she is
87_Cutlass_442_Render_Mascoll_Designs_vChrome2.jpg

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Typical G-Body rot. When I took the frame bolts off three of the four rear body mounting areas (both pass side and front drivers) were rusted. The capture nut in the sheetmetal spun like a top. Had to cut the bolt heads off to get the frame out. The passenger side was so bad most of the metal around it fell to rust dust :cry:
442_16_Rusty_Body.JPG

442_17_Rusty_Body.JPG

442_18_Rusty_Body.JPG

Could be worse I guess. More work for me! WooHoo

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
While I'm waiting to do my metal work, I knocked out a few small things I've been meaning to do.

I purchased Bilstein shocks for the 442, but can't get past the yellow and blue. I changed the color to a cast iron grey with a black boot.
Bilstein_12.JPG

I also rebuilt my 85 Monte SS 12.7:1 Constant Ratio Gear Box.
Steering_Gear_2.JPG

And since we're on the steering, I picked up a Steering Shaft out of an early 90's Jeep Cherokee (94 I think). A quick clean and paint and it's ready to go.
Jeep_Steering_Shaft2.JPG

Hutch

bugsyroo01

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2013
Good job man so far. Cant wait to see it when you get it all up and runnin and pretty like

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Pics of my Offenhauser 360 Dual Quad High Rise intake with a pair of Edelbrock 650's

Dual_Quad_1.JPG

Dual_Quad_2.JPG

Dual_Quad_3.JPG

I have a whole shelf full of parts. I may start taking them out for their own glamour shots. :p

Hutch

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
I like the Bilsteins and the grey & boot. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor