1987 Olds 5.3L LS turbo swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Well I finally managed to get the interior just about wrapped up. Just gotta bolt in harness and that part will be good to go. Then I need 2 plugs for my fans. Gonna weld in the arb this weekend and maybe get a little street tuning in as well.

20190514_142948.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Alright guys, I've been busy doing a bunch of stuff lately. Finally been making some passes at the track on it. 1/8th mile it's at a 7.20 right now. Trans started slipping on the next pass and that would have been in the 6s judging the 60ft and boost being turned up. I'm going to leave a link at the bottom for the 7.2 pass. And I know thats not extremely fast but for a street car its ungodly lol. Havent done much to the car since I've last posted. I fixed a broken injector plug and got all 8 back firing. Was hard to hear a miss with the new cam. But you live and you learn.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
That is probably a mid to low 11 - not too shabby.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Alright guys made it to the track again last night. Getting faster still but transmission isnt liking me turning up the boost/timing so it slowed down some. Cracked off a 7.09 last night with my best 60ft of 1.57. But anyway making moves as we speak to get the transmission where it needs to be. I'm going to post a link to youtube from one pass last night. Think it was a 7.38 pass maybe. Just working some bugs out but trying to hit the 6s this season if possible.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor