1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Wow nice job Andrew! Those rims really look good. Now, what will it do at the strip? Post some video if you can.
I won't know that for a while. I have a really bad vibration happening around 70-80mph or 65mph in 6th gear. I think I'm hitting the 1/2 critical speed of the drives haft and it's causin a vibration. If I shift from 6th to 5th it will get better.
Taking it to a chassis shop later in the month to have the driveline and pinion angles checked and setup properly just to be safe but I'll probably pull the shaft and have the balance checked on it again.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
How much vacuum does the car make at idle? Sorry EFI not working at all for you.
Vacuum is around 8" at idle. 15" at cruise. It could probably stand to be tuned a bit more. We had it up to 11" with the EFI years ago.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Anything under 10 and self learning EFI will not work well. Also if the cam is too wild self learning can not cope well. The next step up in FAST would allow better control and tuning. (Sportsman or all the way to XFI)
I run FAST on my Regal and I have loved it.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Yeah, I read that after I bought the dumb thing. Fell for their marketing.
However I've had two efi setups on this car and both have run the exact same. The first was the Aceel Thruster system that was professionally tuned on a chassis dyno. Ran great that day.
Loaded it on the trailer, took the car home, parked it in the garage and two days later it runs like crap. Spent the next couple of years going back and forth with my tuner and Accel and never fixed it.
Of course Accel is defunct now so there's not much point in running it. The car runs and starts better with the 850 Holley than it ever did with the EFI.
Anything under 10 and self learning EFI will not work well. Also if the cam is too wild self learning can not cope well. The next step up in FAST would allow better control and tuning. (Sportsman or all the way to XFI)
I run FAST on my Regal and I have loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor