1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
looking good! did you just use the z51 abutement bracket to fit the 14in rotors?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I used the C5 abutments and calipers. I believe they are for the base model vette.
I just bought a bracket from www.flynbye.com that adapts the C5 caliper and abutment to the later model 14" rotor.
I'll eventually upgrade to a set of 6 piston Wilwood brakes but this will do for now.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
FE3Xclone, I sent you a PM.

Willy B Monte408

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2014
Kentucky
Thanks. Taken a pretty big break from the car. Started a new job in January and have been traveling a lot.
I have managed to install new tubular lower control arms and upgraded the front brakes to a C5 hybrid setup that uses a 14" cross drilled Z06 rotor and the C5 calipers.
Just waiting on the rest of the wheels to come in.

Picture of the 14" rotor next to the 12" rotor I took off:

That's a thing of beauty

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Finally got the new front lower control arms installed, 14" brakes and wheels and tires mounted. Had everything ready to go for months but was waiting on wheels/tires.

Of course I was so excited to get the car down off the jack stands to check out the new wheels I forgot that I had run the adjustment nut on the coilovers all the way down when doing the control arms and didn't reset the ride height.

Needless to say this is how it looked at basically full drop:

Would look awesome if the tires would actually turn but they were resting on the inner fenders AND I had the jack stuck under the car. So after a little figuring I got the jack out and spend the afternoon messing with the coilovers and now it sits much better:

Next is to finish tidying up the engine bay, get the wiring harness back in and then drive it to the alignment shop.

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Glad to see the project getting to the point you can get it aligned and drive it!

Looks great!

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
oh boy this car is amazing it is making me want to put the euro front clip on mine. you car and some other have been the inspiration for mine thanks you

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
If I remember right the fronts have 5.125" back spacing and the rears are 5.5".
I still had to add 1/2" spacers to clear the front brake calipers.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
If I remember right the fronts have 5.125" back spacing and the rears are 5.5".
I still had to add 1/2" spacers to clear the front brake calipers.

Beautiful car Andrew and done in good taste. The new rims really look good. Do you finished tuning and do you have updated dyno numbers or 1/4 mile et's yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor