Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Like the other guys have said: cardboard. It looks like a gigantic oil spot. Not exactly reassuring. The newer paint job might not mean a bad thing but it's something to check on. And trying to sell your Cutlass before he sells his Buick is waaayyyy too risky. If I were you I'd try to work out a trade instead. I know you're into the turbo Buicks, but you better make sure this black cat is a winner before you ditch the clean Cutlass.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
If you have the finances to do it and your heart is in the turbo Buick.. Buy it! Assuming the price to condition is reasonable. Then sell your Cutty. Naturally you have to have the finances or be in a position to hold both until you can sell the cutty.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Keep the Cutlass, Yours looks way cleaner and more taken care of then this IMO. That cardboard with that big of an oil stain would get me worried

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Well seeing how I own a turbobuick keep the Cutlass. Buicks are very expensive on all aspects unless you can afford to lose your *ss financially when it comes to repairs. Stick with the olds. I would never buy another they are fun when they run that is when they run. Btw if that is a we4 it's rare as in only 1540 or something like that with the black out option.

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
The T-Type looks pretty decent but that cardboard raises a big red flag. Unless you are absolutely set on the T-Type I would stick with the Cutlass, it's just too big of a risk if that car has major issues, especially If you have to sell the Cutlass first. I'd hate to have you end up in a situation where you lose out on both cars.

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
Get a picture of the trunk options first. If some one went thru that much trouble to clone it like a GN with the paint , wheels & spoiler? Hard to see. What else did they do?
You can see it has the Turbo T interior.
Rear mains are famous for leaking on those cars. Looks like by the soze of the puddle it could be valve covers as well.
Possibly even worse the trans seal leaking.
You can tell it has a lot of stock parts. No alky Anubis, stock regulator, Intercooler, etc.
Heater control valve is plastic instead of Metal. Power master is converted to vacuum Brakes. The vacuum block is the original plastic with a stub in it. Not a TTA style.

Honestly he looks like he couldn't afford r didn't know to do much correctly. He was more worried about the look then maintenance & performance. With the way your Cutlass looks Compared to that Buick, I could take a vacation on what your going to spend on buying parts. :shock:

Grandprixpaul

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2011
Commerce township , mi
I would take the t-type, its worth more finished, its more rare,and the t-tops are really nice to have. and on the plus side you can get new repo parts for the t-type. I have a gp and it sucks not being able to get new parts when you want them just like the cutlass no one make parts for us.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
I asked the owner about the Oil Spill he told me thats where he works on all his cars and that he owns too GN's. The oil spill is from a diffrent car. He told me that this is no project car and runs good. It was also lady driven most of its life.

Hes asking 6500$ and if it is a WE4 thats a pretty good deal..

Also on the note of me looking to buy another Gbody every week. I have been also looking for a El camino to daily Drive but the buick is what started all my intrest in Gbodys in the first place. I just really value all your guys input so I like to ask what you all think of my ideas before I shoot into the dark at them :lol:

On a side note the owner is from the turbo buick community and seems to have good knowledge on these cars. Also for those saying repairs are expensive I'm planning on refreshing the motor and trans even if they where ****ed in the first place.

And the Car is all STOCK

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
You were probably already thinking this but if he is willing to work with you. DEFINITELY get a written contract so he can't sell it from under your nose to someone who may come along and offer more than he is asking.

That would suck really bad if you sold the Cutlass only to find out he conveniently changed his mind. :puke:

<Mike>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor