1988 Monte Carlo LS Street Car Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
Plug clearance is killer. I also have AFR 190 (L98 old school set from early 2000's) and they all have great access from what I remember. I will see about them now that we have moved a tube but they cant be as bad as others are. As for fitment, I believe the collectors are parallel with the bottom of the frame rail.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Plug clearance is killer. I also have AFR 190 (L98 old school set from early 2000's) and they all have great access from what I remember. I will see about them now that we have moved a tube but they cant be as bad as others are. As for fitment, I believe the collectors are parallel with the bottom of the frame rail.

I've had my AFR's since 02-03. I know the headers I tested were used on a A-body (71 Camino). They were parts of the 'gifted parts' I received (406 w/stock internals/Dart heads/Eddy Perf RPM Q-jet intake). I'm going to check the clearance against a set of Headman 3/4 length later this week.

Good to know about the collector height as well. I need them even or above the rails. Thanks for the info.

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
The motor is finally together, long block assembled and ready to go on the test stand. I have my lifters on the way directly from Edelbrock and a new set of rockers coming from Scorpion.

From there, I will throw the engine on the test stand and break it in and then it goes in the Monte for good.

42.jpg

41.jpg

40.jpg

39.jpg

38.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
So after what seemed like two months of trying to find a few hours on the weekend, I finally did yesterday. The new motor is finally in the chassis. In a effort to seal it up, I put the plugs and headers on it while I was at it. I will start picking away at it here soon once it comes off the trailer. Im going to attack the top side of the motor first with the distributor and EFI and then follow up with the accessories and cooling system.

45F6B356-835C-4877-B3C5-2203E12C5720.jpeg

38679C8C-98EF-44A1-8E31-6A6C8033649D.jpeg

FF118447-F4F3-461E-BB42-1D1DD633DA5B.jpeg

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
I finally got all of the front end sheet metal buttoned up and aligned. I reinstalled the radiator with the electric fan and also started on engine accessories and EFI. I will be taking it from home to the shop when we get a couple days to work on personal projects and not customers stuff.

IMG_1996.jpg

Monte 2.jpeg

Monte 3.jpeg

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I finally got all of the front end sheet metal buttoned up and aligned. I reinstalled the radiator with the electric fan and also started on engine accessories and EFI. I will be taking it from home to the shop when we get a couple days to work on personal projects and not customers stuff.
Progress is progress.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor