1evilregal's build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
thanks guys, feels good to be making progress again!

I actually go the motor back in, but it was in a race with mother nature, and was able to just get it in and covered up before it started raining, so no pics... I do still have to raise the motor up some to get the headers back in, but that can wait for now, just too humid out this week..... will update again soon!

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
no real progress to report, most of my efforts have gone to the GP, in which I now affectionately have named " Cheif Sh**ting Bull"... it went through 2 transmissions in as many days, and I tried my hand at rebuilding an automatic for the first time... I decided while I was doing this, I would drop the 327 from the Regal into it to get some road hours on it, instead of yard running... Neither has worked out too well... I ended up taking the trans out 2 more times and tearing into it, and now is working almost the way it's supposed to, but still not right, and the oil leak on the 327 has gone from the rear of the oil pan, to the front, and now has a lower end knock... Looks like the fear I had of the rear main and #' 7 & 8 rod bearings beaing at the maximum clearance have proven themselves to be a nightmare that has come back to haunt me... our plant shuts down for 2 weeks for christmas/ new years, so I'll probably get back on it during the break... few pics for now...

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
thanks opie! plans as of right now are to snag the second bad trans and rebuild that one on the 2 week break at work, as I can get it down and back a bit quicker than the first one, and can document this one better so I can see if I just didn't get something in just right....

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Nice. I wish I could find that much time to work on my projects. Lol. Right now my efforts are concentrated on the one day a week I'm off. You should be able to get back on track with 2 whole weeks to work on it.

Nov 4, 2012
Looks great Darin. Good luck with the transmission stuff, you are braver than I am. Transmissions certainly aren't my forte, I'm about to pay someone $300 to install a shift kit and repair my valve body out of my SUV.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Hopefully you'll get some time in on your car during your time off. I tried building a 2004R out of my 87 GN a few years ago. Had it out 3 times. It had a flare shift on the 2-3. Took it out again and dropped it off at a transmission shop. Charged me $100 and said they could not find anything wrong. Put it in and it worked great. Don't understand what happened. What is yours doing?

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Opie, I'm hoping all goes well...

Joe, thanks, but youtube guys make it look easy... I'm not really a measure twice/cut once kind of person, and it's biting me in the butt... lol

hafrod, weak 2-3 shift, and can't really tell if it's going into 4th or not... also won't take off when the shifter is in the o/d pos... you can shift back to it once the car is moving and it upshifts/pulls ok... a bit of slippage in all gears as well...

rumble, I don't think I had a couple pistons out of the case or input drum, and the pump was already in a box, but most of the hard parts are there... lots of clutches and plates in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor