1evilregal's build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Looks awesome Darin, you got some really steady progress on this car. I love those custom interior panels, I'm a fan of minor personalization. I was thinking of pinstriping my initials or something similar on rear bumper filler or deck lid of my car. Keep up the good work!

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
1evilregal said:
307 Regal said:
Man, that old foam was in excellent shape compared to how mine was. Mine was basically dirt! Did you put the new fabric on yet or did you just lay it out? Make sure you use a good adhesive. I made the mistake of using heavy fabric and weak glue the first time I did mine and it was sagging again within 48 hours. :blam:
307- I used this stuff here. I actually did this over a year ago, and it sat in my back room for a good long while, and I had it mounted for a few days before I remembered I had to make a quick modification, and it is still in my back room right now...

modification I had to make:

mounts for the blazer overhead console :p
yes?? updates please! :D interested in how you are mounting the blazer oh console??? i have one in my 87 elco,as well as a oh console from a 94 burbon in my SS, and have them mounted up there using nutscrew inserts that i was planning to make and attach them to a plate that would work with the roof braces??? please share your mounting approach to this mod :D

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I have been searching around on the overhead console ideas. Since I will have the body on the rotisserie here in a month or two, I really want to get something while I can make the mounts while not welding overhead.

How have you make out with this?

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
as you guys can probably tell, when it comes to the stuff you won't see, I'm not a perfectionist in ANY sense... as long as structurally it will do the job, and not interfere with anything else... :lol:

I haven't made any progress on this in a bit, due to no garage, but have been in scrounge mode... I got some cheap-o-mat from ebay to install before putting in the headliner, and worked on getting the wiring situated for the o/h console, along with a few other goodies (including the day excursion to Toby's to pick up the hood!) pics to follow...

actually getting ready to hit the salvage yard.... went by yesterday @ lunch to do a scouting mission, and struck GOLD! pics to follow!

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
think I'm going from a scrounger to pack-rat status!just too many things I've been looking for, at one place, at one time... :twisted:

even got these installed on the car today! :D

been looking for one of these everywhere! finally came across a fire-turd sporting one...

and, sadly, a poor 87 SS aerocoupe gave up this for my regal! not sure of the gearing, as the trunk lid was gone...

it's sad when someone mentions LSD, and the first thought you have is of an AXLE... :rofl:

hopefully the weather will co-operate soon, and I can get to more mods, and get a little closer to finally getting the center console finished, and the overhead console installed...
more to come when more is done!

Darin

Nov 4, 2012
Holey hell slow down Darin! That spoiler looks sick! What were the brakes off of? And what type of rear is in the regal now? That LS diff will be cool. Let us know what gears are in it once you get to it. Great progress!

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
lol joe!

the brakes are the blazer upgrade. I snagged them off of a 99 gmc jimmy... remember, you have to find a 2wd model IIRC from a 98- up to 2002... spindle bolts right up.

they are the 7.5" axles... I'm not going to be putting monster hp to the rear, so it'll do fine for my needs. the yard i got these from requires cores for the major components, so a few days earlier, I swapped out the original 2.14 geared open axle, for a 3.73 open axle I picked up a couple years ago(and had always planned on swapping in when I started the suspension mods), so I could turn this it in for the core... the 3.73 axle may just go up for sale in the future, if the gearing in the new one is want I'm looking for in my set-up. I do plan on upgrading the rear brakes to disc as well in the future, as soon as the funds allow (this run put me a little behind the 8 ball, but rare opportunities like this allow me to justify it to the wife! :mrgreen: )

Nov 4, 2012
Next month I'm gonna make a trip up to the pic a part. I have to keep an eye out for some if the non-G cars that have conversion parts. I really want to do the S10 manual steering swap and I'm gonna keep an eye out for those blazer brakes. That spoiler looks awesome too! I'm debating as to whether to put one on my car now!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looking good. I found my blazer brakes looking for something else. Then I had to go back home and get the tools to get them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor