2+2 front bumper/grille fit on an 85 gp

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I read an article in a Pontiac magazine about a year or so ago that said that Pontiac Motor Division built a 2+2 prototype back in '86 that didn't have the bubble rear glass & short deck lid, but did have the 2+2 nosepiece. It was painted a dark maroon colour. Apparently, they still have that car as part of their historical collection. It would be an interesting car to see some good photos of. I always wondered what a car like that would look like in a darker colour (not necessarily all black).

frtend

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2006
Indiana
So.you people think my 2+2 is ugly??!! LOL! I know alot of people think so...everyone is entitled! I don't care for the black 2+2,but that notchback wedge is awesome! It's also been for sale on Ebay several times the last few months.Never meets reserve.Unless it sold last time,it should come up again in a couple weeks!! I'ev also seen pics of two notchbacks with 2+2 fronts.One was a medium red and the other was purple...and not that dark a purple. Both were hideous. Probably cause of the colors!

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Actually, in a newer Pontiac magazine, it shows a few pics from a Pontiac Collection Garage (I'll look more into it). There's a few 2+2's pictured.

It's not that I hate the 2+2's, it's just that I like the "classic" style better. As in, the formal big grill and all the chrome. It was a neat idea, and I surely stop and see them at shows, but I'm not a huge fan. If I ever found a good deal I'd surely have to scoop it up though. They ARE pretty rare!

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Somehow I'm skeptical only 1100 or so were built. They come up for sale all the time on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor