PONTIAC 200 4R or Manual Trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Can't beat the feeling of a stick in one of these cars hands down ,transbrake with a manual valve body is close but still not the same .....do it

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Can't beat the feeling of a stick in one of these cars hands down ,transbrake with a manual valve body is close but still not the same .....do it
Maybe on the launch and that's it, and then that's in the straight line.. corners are where it's at. :cool:

What do you guys think would be the better option, long term? I need something, that I know if maintained, won't break down on me for a long time. Thanks.
I built a T56 6spd for mine that's been holding up well. Here's an old vid that will motivate you..

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
anybody else see the first post where he said he'd like to keep his car O.E/#'s matching?
:unsure:

Reactions: 1 users

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
anybody else see the first post where he said he'd like to keep his car O.E/#'s matching?
Well ya change one thing then that ends up into a bunch of things changed to each there own I guess long as he's happy with end results is what counts right

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
We did, let me help you see the rest that you missed...

I'd like to keep my car original, and numbers matching.

But the TH-200 in the car wasn't maintained by the previous owners well, the fluid in it and the 305 didn't look pretty.

And occasionally, the transmission isn't as responsive, as it is on other days.

So I'm just planning to drive it, and see when it's time to replace.

But i'm choosing between TH-200 4R, as I would like overdrive since I have done quite a bit of highway driving. That said I'm also considering a modification for a manual transmission.

What do you guys think would be the better option, long term? I need something, that I know if maintained, won't break down on me for a long time. Thanks.

Need anything else, let us know.👍

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor