200 R4 shifting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
200r4

yeah when the balls start falling it'll scare you to death! when i put a kit in mine the pressure regulator would'nt come out of the pump so i hade to pull the trans ,and then the pump :evil: so the lesson is you have to be prepared for anything.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I wouldn't mind putting in a shift kit if that would solve the issue but the GN's come with a 342 rear and they shift into 2nd at around 5000 rpm or higher...this transmission came out of an SS that was running 373 gears and it was rebuilt by a transmission shop about 3000 miles before the guy smacked the car into an immovable object. I'm just wondering if the guy who rebuilt it messed it up. The car wasn't totally demolished and I'm sure the transmission wasn't damaged in the accident. If that's the case the transmission kit won't help.....The one thing this transmission does do is save my tires cause it hits second so fast the car sure ain't going to smoke the tires ... :lol:

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I dont wanna steal the thread here. Just a quick question about the adjustment of the TV cable. After you realese it and pull it all the way back, do you keep the cable loose while you fully press the throttle? Or should I say, do I want the cable to slide forward again some? I'm compleatly clueless when it come to these trannys.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
midwestls said:
I dont wanna steal the thread here. Just a quick question about the adjustment of the TV cable. After you realese it and pull it all the way back, do you keep the cable loose while you fully press the throttle? Or should I say, do I want the cable to slide forward again some? I'm compleatly clueless when it come to these trannys.

they way you adjust it is to push the adjustment all the way back by pressing in the release. The you push the carb to WOT by the lever on the carb and the TV cable will be adjusted as the TV cable is pulled through the lock to it's correct position...so you do want the cable to slide forward...

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
200r4

when your in wot can you pull any slack on the cable? just a thought

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
alright, guys. So I was wrong again. Thanks one more time for probably saveing my transmission. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor