2001 olds alero 3.4 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
Re: 2001 olds alero 3.4 project (need help)

remans are usually about 60 bucks

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI

hmm alright guys ill see what i can do, thanks for everyones input.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI

So ive been searching for a half shaft for the right side, and was thinking about going with the duralast shaft, but it says that you need to transfer the inner stub shaft from the original to the replacement axle. :wtf: does this mean???

Has anyone had any problems with these reman axles, cause i heard the new ones were complete pieces of sh*t!

Heres the link:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/ ... 4302_78656

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI

anything?

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI

come on guys nothing?

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina

Its the end of the shaft that goes into the transmission i think. I don't think all reman units come with them, that's prolly why they are so cheap.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI

Kwik_Cutty88 said:
Its the end of the shaft that goes into the transmission i think. I don't think all reman units come with them, that's prolly why they are so cheap.

yeah i got a new one from oreileys today for 74 bucks and had to transfer that over. took me and my buddy a few hours to do and the end result is everythings working great with no vibrations or anything, woohoo!!! also threw on new brake pads on the front and they arent dragging anymore so thats good! so now that thats in id say the project is about 60% done, so heres my updated fix it list:

-fix trans leak DONE
-fix cv joint boot DONE
-new brakes DONE
-fix rattling strut IN PROGRESS
-figure out crazy erratic trans action
-do oil change
-rotate and balance tires
-wheel alignment
-fix idiot lights
-fix outside passenger door handle IN PROGRESS
-and finally do some obnoxious fwd drifts yo :rofl:

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
so im trying to figure out in my head whats causing this strut to rattle over bumps, and im stumped. all the bushings are good, just cracked a little, everythings tight, i just havent had time to pull off the strut and check the isolator, but im thinkin thats the problem. what it does is when your driving it itll rattle NON-STOP over bumps from the RR strut. the strut itself is doing its job, it doesnt bounce at all and the ride height is good, what do you guys think?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Are you positive it's actually the strut? It's likely that you are hearing swaybar bushings or end links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor