2004R problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibutomi

n00b
Dec 12, 2006
Ok guys heres my problem,hope one of you can help me.
My 2004R is assembled with alto bands and clutches, a superior pump, performance valve body, billet servo and so on.
It shift firm, chirps the tires in 1-2-3 shifts...but not all times..becouse...
The transmission only has 1 gear when it gets hot...15-20 mins in downtown traffic jam....or a few circles on WOT, or burnout...so when its get hot..suddenly theres 1st gear...
In normal use, (sit in-start up-drive) the car starts in 2nd gear, shifts 3rd and 4th good.If i put it in 1st with the shifter this time, it feels something like when i left the parking brake on...the car dont want to roll easy...
If i shift 2nd it feels normal.
If the transmission is hot i can shift 1st gear manually, and it works. What can this be? Maybe the 1-2 accumulator piston or spring?
I have an external transmission cooler, and an aftermarket aluminum radiator, so the transmission lines not going into the radiator, only in the external cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor