2008 5.3/4L60 into 85 Caballero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Project is back on.
A year later recovered from flood. 85 Caballero never sold and the guy a sold the engine and transmission to never put it into his project and unloaded it back to me for the same price. He rebuilt the transmission and swapped the cam in the engine. He spent $1800 and lost it selling it back to me.
When he took the heads off he figured out it was a 4.8 not a 5.3 like I thought, but I'll take it for my build. I'll keep ya'll informed.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Project is back on.
A year later recovered from flood. 85 Caballero never sold and the guy a sold the engine and transmission to never put it into his project and unloaded it back to me for the same price. He rebuilt the transmission and swapped the cam in the engine. He spent $1800 and lost it selling it back to me.
When he took the heads off he figured out it was a 4.8 not a 5.3 like I thought, but I'll take it for my build. I'll keep ya'll informed.
Glad to see you've recovered and are back at it. My mom was out in B.R. when the floods hit. She didn't flood but lots of her friends and neighbors did. That's a terrible situation to be in.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Once I get the engine and transmission back in my possession I'll make a to do/need list to get it installed in frame. Engine mounts, transmission crossmember, headers or f-body manifolds? Radiator and fans,
Lots of beer...

Reactions: 1 user

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Has anyone used the G-Force crossmember and LS engine mounts???? Wondering where that would set the engine and if they would allow me to use the truck pulleys that came with my 4.8. What headers could use?
It looks like there is adjust ability with the cross-member and the engine mounts.

GPNX

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2016
I used the g force crossmember. Made the engine sit farther forward so the 1" setback mounts I had wouldn't work. Had to change power steering pulley then. Did you buy anything yet? That Holley kit gets good reviews.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
I have not bought anything. Trying to get things lined up. I have truck accessories. I thought the holley kit set the engine back? That holley kit is toooooo expensive for my build at this time. Not sure if my stock truck pan will clear with that G Force set up?

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
I never did anything with this project. It's been sitting in my garage. All For Sale. 85 GMC Caballero, 4.8 LS/4L60
$3000. Or split .

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana

Attachments

• IMAG1009.jpg
    IMAG1009.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 253
  • IMAG1010.jpg
    IMAG1010.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMAG1012.jpg
    IMAG1012.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor