200r4 trans question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update, I got the trans today and it has the tag and it reads CZF which i think is not the trans to the hurst... anybody know what that is from? how do i find out when it was built and what it is off from? Plus if any body here in colorado is looking for a parts car the guy said he would be willing to sell the entire car for 600. its almost all there except for the aforementioned parts. Pm me if interested cuz i got the guy to hold it for me for a couple days i may be able to send pics through my phone.

Correct me guys if I'm wrong:

I believe the CZF is the designation for the Monte SS trans. There should be a number in front of the "C", like a 6, 7, or 8. That should be the year of the trans. I think the Hurst/442 trans has an OZ or an KZ.

Right on :D . There is a letter on mine ??? i want to figure out what i have. It looks freshly rebuilt. even though i am thinking of getting it redone. The tag reads: CZ F 234-872czf1140 it is yellow can anybody help decode it or is there somewhere i can look??
thanks

85GPLef41 said:
I swear i felt like crying cuz this car is in really good shape and its sitting there getting parted out. the guy said it ran and drove fine.

X2 on that feeling. I seen sooooo many very nice cars ( Novas, mid 60's olds starfire, all sourts of G-Body's, and my lattest heart breaker 71 lemans with floor shifter) :cry: :cry: Sorry for posting this here, but i get all emaotional when i get the thought of theese cars being smash. :lol:

Good score on that trans! :D CZF is the Monte SS trans code. They can be built up pretty good. If you can pull the pan and look at the valve body there should be a pink or purple blotch of paint on the side of the valve body, also there should be "CZ" painted on the side of the valve body. I forget which sides these are painted on.

Thanks i will do that. Now if i can figure out what year Monte ss it's from.....are there better years?

85GPLef41 said:
The tag reads: CZ F 234-872czf1140
thanks

Is that correct??? Can you possibly post a pic of the tag? Having a hard time finding out the info. There used to be a lot info out there on 2004r, now I can't find anything? I used to have a bunch of info but lost it all when my old comp took a dive.

I will try to post a pic but thats what the tag reads unless im not looking at it right.

Somewhere I came across a chart that listed all the codes and the cars they came in. I haven't found it yet, but here's a short list:

TH-200-R4 ID's:
ID Year(s) Application
KZF Olds 442/Hurst
CZF 85-88 Monte SS
CRF 85-88 LG4 305 powered Monte Carlos/Pont Gr Prix
BRF 86-87 GN/T-Type/Turbo Regals
BQ 84-85 GN/T-Type/Turbo Regals
BR 83 Model T-Types
TAF 89 Turbo Trans Am
OZ Hurst Olds
OM Olds 350 Diesels
OG lds 307
BY V-6 252 Cars
AA and AP Cadillac's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor