2013 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olds>Everyone

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 29, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
First and foremost, my apologies if this is posted in the wrong section. Now to the real (well not real) stuff.

What if GM CEO and board of whoever decided, in some coke induced trans to bring back Oldsmobile after almost 10 years of decommission. Could you imagine how a 2013/2014 Cutlass Supreme would look? Would they follow Buick and the faggy Regal, which in my opinion :puke: on the classic regal that was more performance and spawned the GN & GNX and make a completely different car with the name being its only ties to its predecessor or would they take the route of the Challenger, Mustang, and even Charger and Camaro to a degree and take many styling points from the old and most popular bodies to make a modern classic looking car with all the amenities people have come to love like; O/D transmissions, Heated seats, airbags, but keep performance in the equation? haha sorry if this sounds crazy just a bored 18 year old who loves old cars but was cursed to live in the age of emission control, fuel injection, plastic bumpers, and the Prius :blam:

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
wtf are you talking about. If you want a 2013 Cutlass build it yourself! Only the monte carlo has a chance of coming back in some retro form so get w reality and set realistic expectations.

84cutlass383

Master Mechanic
Nov 24, 2009
Oklahoma City
a little harsh buddy

pencero said:
wtf are you talking about. If you want a 2013 Cutlass build it yourself! Only the monte carlo has a chance of coming back in some retro form so get w reality and set realistic expectations.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
84cutlass383 said:
a little harsh buddy

pencero said:

Agreed, he did apologize in his post for the temporary insanity lol. Hey, we can all dream, dreaming is part of what shapes future technology imo.

Poncho61

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2013
Peoria Illinois
Response was a tad on the negative side there. LOL

I'm a Pontiac fan. Man was I disappointed when they reintroduced the GTO. It was nothing like the cars of old. Not one styling cue that would say it was a natural progression. While performance wise it was a great car, it would or could have been a great car by any other name. Calling it a GTO with absolutely zero ties other than the name to the original was just not right in my opinion. While I'm not a ford or mopar fan persay, I do tip my hat to those guys when it came time to reintroduce some names or update them. The nod to the old challenger and mustang was right on the money. Looked older but with updates. Exactly what you'd expect I think. Or at least what I'd expect.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I think GM did a good job with the new Camaro. But I feel if they were to come out with retro looking cutlass again it would more then likely look like a camaro. But I wouldnt mind seeing Oldsmobile and Pontiac come back out and start building cars again.

Or it would be like the new Regal and a front wheel drive. Which is lame, there is nothing like V8 power.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
v8 cars are not practical anymore :( . With that said if a new Cutlass did comeout it would be just like the Regal.

Poncho61

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2013
Peoria Illinois
Yeah, when it comes to relying on the General, some things are better left undone. I'd rather see Pontiac remain closed than to return just to produce econo boxes with zero performance or to be a chevy clone with a different grill. I see all those companies taking the new camaro and turning it into a Trans Am. Not for me. The title still says camaro. Its now just a waaaaay over priced camaro with a little better styling. Before the chevy people think I'm hatin on ya, I'm not. I'm just not a chevy guy. I've owned a few over the years, but always had a fleet of Pontiacs to mess with. Its always bugged me a bit honestly when some knucklehead would tell me my Firebird or TA was a nice looking camaro. LOL My point with the chevy mentions is consider how you'd feel if you were a chevy guy, and someone took a monte and bolted a cutlass or regal or Grand Prix nose and it. Or if they took any one of those and bolted a monte nose on it and called it a monte. Not the same, even tho mechanically, it probably is.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
thats where you guys are wrong. The v8 is still alive as hybrids. They could blueprint a monte today if 7-10% were hybrid they will meet CAFE requirement easily...

vonclod

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.
the challenger and the stang to me are the only retro cars that take you back..charger is nothing like the org and the camaro..meh, the earlier concept was much cooler
at least they are v8 rwd ..the regal looks like a european car and not one bit true to original..not sure gm gets the retro thing so cutty would likley be a euromobile like the regal, the ssr and prowler were sort of retro style i guess

oh.. dream on buddy thats what car guys do when they have to work hard and save up to build one..always dreaming of what next..its all good

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor