2015 BUICK GN THOUGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
so whats everyones thoughts on the 2015 national? 4cyl 272hp or 6cyl 400hp... personally, i think it looks like every other new car on the road... and i sure as hell hope it will be able to smoke a mustang or camaro, if not, they shouldnt have made it

Attachments

• 2015-Buick-Grand-National-front-view-e1379069817532-300x180.jpg
    2015-Buick-Grand-National-front-view-e1379069817532-300x180.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 878
  • 2015-Buick-Grand-National-side-view.jpg
    2015-Buick-Grand-National-side-view.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 902
  • 2015-Buick-Grand-National-rear-view.jpg
    2015-Buick-Grand-National-rear-view.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 929

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
Its not a bad looking car, but it simply lacks any design lines that aren't already in over usage on all cars made. This looks not much different than a BMW or Cadillac CTS. Im quite frankly tired of the 'same ole same ole' The automakers are simply using cookie cutter designs across all their models and doing as they have for decades now..................change the front and rear fascia, add different wheels and emblem and call it a different brand. Im BORED with all the cars out there AND cant afford ANY of them. I have ZERO desire to pay or finance a car with the cost of your average car payment. Simply makes going to the movies,dinner or any other casual event or night out, unaffordable when your strapped to the payments of these cars nowadays.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
It'll cost way too much money if they were to make one. Would probably be close to $60K.
I looked at the Buick Regal GS and it stickers for around $42K. At that point I might as well be looking at a Cadillac, etc.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
Yes under the hood there may be some uummmfff, but the bodylines of 99% of these newer cars leave much to be desired IMO. If it were up to me, they would look retro, not just given retro names.
Im sure if they make them people will buy them, just not me. I like my old stuff old.

Its about as good of an idea as was Pontiac (R.I.P.) stretching out a Sunfire and throwing iconic GTO emblems around after 30 years.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Will this Buick GN be based on the Cadillac ATS (rear wheel drive) platform? If so, it could be an interesting performance car. I agree with others on the bland styling though. There's very little to differentiate the styling on this car, to many other cars out there nowadays. I know that manufacturers are trying to produce cars that are aerodynamic, in order to improve fuel economy, but to me, alot of newer cars have ended up looking very similiar because of this, and this new GN (if it makes production), is just another example of this.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Park a GN, cutlass, monte, and a GP next to each other and tell me they don't look the same. Same thing with the a body chevelles, cutlass, GTO'S and ect. And even back to the tri 5 Chevys. The olds and Pontiac versions were the same except for the front and back ends. It's not just new cars.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
Kansas Bu Wagon said:
Park a GN, cutlass, monte, and a GP next to each other and tell me they don't look the same. Same thing with the a body chevelles, cutlass, GTO'S and ect. And even back to the tri 5 Chevys. The olds and Pontiac versions were the same except for the front and back ends. It's not just new cars.

Oh your very right about "its not jus the new cars". I think its fair to say that once the mid 70s were done(not to say there was much of anything in the 70s that was stylish, because style went out the window then)...................the last of any cars being made with TRUE style differences goes back to the late 60s and older. Nowadays, besides the argument for mileage and efficiency, the real reason is simply a matter of 5 different brands can (used to be) some are gone now, but the same platform enabled manufacturers to make you feel like you had a choice amongst brands, because they could easily modify a few areas on large panels, change the interior a little , different wheels and trim and call it another car. Problem is theres really NEVER a choice, everything looks alike.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
From what i hear the GN will only be offered in 4dr and every color except black. They are suppost to offer a twin turbo GNX that will be the only 2dr and only offered in the iconic Black.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
clean8485 said:
Will this Buick GN be based on the Cadillac ATS (rear wheel drive) platform? If so, it could be an interesting performance car. I agree with others on the bland styling though. There's very little to differentiate the styling on this car, to many other cars out there nowadays. I know that manufacturers are trying to produce cars that are aerodynamic, in order to improve fuel economy, but to me, alot of newer cars have ended up looking very similiar because of this, and this new GN (if it makes production), is just another example of this.

yes both the GN and GNX will both be rear wheel drive and are said they are going to have a price tag of around 30 grand... i think it would be fun to test drive, BUT they just look too much like every other car on the road and i like standing out from a crowd, so i couldnt see buying one

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I've always thought they should bring back the nameplate, but this is not exciting me much.... first thought was: "another iconic name slapped on a riced 4dr"... :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor