250.8 KB · Views: 574
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 587

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
here are my 'thoughts': GM came out woofing about the Riviera concept for 3 years and it looked very similar / had a lot of potential and then they suddenly cancelled the project. I don't believe GM will ever build the 2015 GN either and if they do I would be mad because the Riviera concept was decent and could have been in production for the last 2 years no problem. It looks very similar probably weighed the same / or less and people would have bought it. I also suspect that IF they do release the GN in 2015 they will water it down and ruin it by installing a bunch of 'hybrid' bullshit or trying to copy bmw's i-drive or audi's stupid LED headlights or any number of other cheap stupid mistakes GM consistently makes on a regular basis lately which is why I'll buy their old cars used all day but refuse to walk into one of their new car dealerships to this day. I also think the CTS coupe concept was 2 body lines and a grille away from being the platform GM could have put a new Monte Carlo on, but they are all eccentric geniuses in a consistent state of disagreement with each other resulting in the same type of bipartisan dysfunction as the US government. Furthermore, I believe that the Riviera concept was ahead of it's time and was only cancelled so that GM could continue to purposefully pedal and push outdated / obsolete technology on the new car market temporarily when in fact there is NO actual reason it shouldn't / couldn't have been built and factory workers were on standby ready to start assembling when it got cancelled, just like the 2015 GN most likely will since it is too good to be true. + why would GM actually release it when for like $2,500 more we could just go buy a CTS-V & or the wagon w/ double interior space...

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I think its kind of sad that GM chose to release a wagon strictly as a Cadillac. I think that a vehicle like the CTS wagon could have sold well, had it been decontented a bit, and styled and badged as a Chevrolet. I seem to recall reading somewhere recently that the CTS wagon is going to be discontinued-seems a shame to me. I feel like the major vehicle manufacturers are dictating what types of vehicles that we will be able to coose from, as opposed to being able to get the type of vehicle that we'd really like.
As for the 2015 GN, I'll be surprised if it actually makes it into production. A vehicle like that, built on the same platform as the ATS, would probably take some sales away from the Cadillac division, and I can't see that happening.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
clean8485 said:
I think its kind of sad that GM chose to release a wagon strictly as a Cadillac. I think that a vehicle like the CTS wagon could have sold well, had it been decontented a bit, and styled and badged as a Chevrolet. I seem to recall reading somewhere recently that the CTS wagon is going to be discontinued-seems a shame to me. I feel like the major vehicle manufacturers are dictating what types of vehicles that we will be able to coose from, as opposed to being able to get the type of vehicle that we'd really like.
As for the 2015 GN, I'll be surprised if it actually makes it into production. A vehicle like that, built on the same platform as the ATS, would probably take some sales away from the Cadillac division, and I can't see that happening.

there should be nothing that surprises anybody about the fact that the auto manfacturers, ultimately don't really care "what kind of care you can choose from" as opposed to what they will offer you, and that the choice has for a long time now, not been a consumers choice at all. Point in case, how many options used to be "OPTIONS" offered for you to build a car the way YOU want the car? Now they offer you three package choices, none of which you can change and each package forces you to accept whats in it, or HAVE TO move up to the next package to get the one option the lower package didn't have in it. Its all about making the line run faster, easier to assemble and bottom line of making money. I remember when I bought my first truck back in 1990, I had my heart set on a Toyota pickup. I have always loved the TOY looking jacked-up, big wheels, small truck look. So, I intended to buy one, but Toyota, even back then, was beginning to only offer cars/trucks with pre-set packages that included options and you couldn't deviate from the package (either all or Nothing) if you wanted THOSE wheels, then you have to spend another $2400.00 on the next package (with items you DONT WANT) in order to get the wheels. Sorry! no exceptions. So, I went to Ford dealership acrossed the street and custom ordered MY TRUCK, the way I WANTED IT. and got the WHEELS I wanted, In the end, they wanna sell cars, and they don't wanna take time to really give you what you want, OR things wouldn't be the way they are at dealers. RANT over, carry on.

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago
The lack of styling isn't even in the same universe for me as the over-reliance on technology. I don't care if my car looks like a bar of soap, but infotainment and buttons and switches and gas pedals and steering wheels that do all of their controlling via a computer has pretty relegated me to old cars for the rest of my life. It's too bad, because a 400 hp RWD 2-door Regal would be a cool thing. A 400 hp RWD 2-door CUTLASS would be a REALLY cool thing. I mean, a new, daily-driver type. ;)

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
I dont know how this car is going to come out but i plan on buying one first chance i get. I think the look good as hell. also i have been seeing different concepts of them with rumors from car and driver with drive trains ranging 4 banger to a the 2014 lt1( i think was some ones own concept on youtube). And the car being available in all wheel drive and rwd.

The Grand National will be available with either a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that puts out 272-horsepower or a turbocharged 3.6-liter V6 that makes 321-horses. The GNX will be offered with a single power-plant; a twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter that delivers 400-horsepower making it the most powerful GNX yet. Manual and automatic transmissions should be offered in all models, with a new 8-speed Hydra-matic as the most logical choice
http://bestride.com/

the second pic is of a Vauxhaul but it is also rummored to possibly be a gnx conterpart--- kinda like how the monaro was to the pontiac GTO(this is my favorite possibility)

Attachments

• 15-Buick-GN.jpg
    15-Buick-GN.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 596
  • Buick-GNX-3.jpg
    Buick-GNX-3.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 605

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
clean8485 said:

GM released the new malibu "wagon" that called a maxxx or coupe or something , which is more of a slightly elongated 4 door sedan, than a wagon... but the one i saw some lady driving yesterday was pretty cool looking... made me want one to tear all the computer crap out of and drop a BBC into it...

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
I like the looks of it(for a modern car) and the hp numbers, but I kinda wish they would have cut the c-pillar sharply, like a true g-body. I mean why not, they did the camaro justice with it's retro lines. Looks like the new Regal to me. Don't get me wrong, I would buy one, but I think they could have done better with the shape if it was to be a spin-off of the legend. But it is definitely better looking than the spin-off of the GTO.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
That's one of the ugliest looking cars I've seen since every other post 88 GM car made. One of the reasons GM is in the $hitter is because their cars look boring and uninspiring as hell. Their 'Grand National' looks almost as bad as that new 'GTO' they did a few years back. I would rather be seen driving 'The Homer' than that new so-called Grand National.

Attachments

• TheHomer.jpg
    TheHomer.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 502
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor