2015 Carlisle GM Nationals - Live Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Continuing from the old thread. Its Friday. Technically 3:35AM EST and I'm up because the damn fridge in the room decides to wake me up sounding like an alarm. Just the one time. Go figure.

I've made a page with all of the social media feeds, also: https://GBodyForum.com/live/ There may be pix or links to video showing up there during the festivities that may not get posted here until later.

I realize we've had a couple of cars drop out. No problem, just come on out anyway! If you still want to bring your G-Body out I'm sure we can get you hooked up, too!! Its not too late! She doesn't even have to be in "show" condition. Just wipe the bugs off and throw away the pop cans in the back seat. Its just going to get rained on anyway! In any case, come on out, tell us your username (and probably your real name, too) and there's free beer**, pop, and water, provided you hang out for a while, and talk shop and stuff. I want to get you guys with cars on camera talking about them. If you're not a member but interested we can get you hooked up.

Hopefully the weather isn't keeping anyone away, either! Those of us still around Saturday night should start thinking if we want to repeat the outing we did last year. Depending on the numbers we may have to plan ahead a bit.

I'm staying at the Days Inn North again, if you're here, come bang on 1001. If they'll tolerate our parking lot antics from last year I'm game. Or: have cooler will travel. I'm not sure the bar is still open here. Looked to be closed last night, so we may have to improvise.

** obviously, but I have to say it... Only if you're 21+, and we're all adults so its up to you to be responsible.

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I'll be heading the shippensburg this afternoon, I'll see you guys in the morning.

Reactions: 1 user

silverfox

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2012
was planning on coming tomorrow but looks like a wash out, So trying to leave work early today and get the car (dirty) and come up. If all works as planned should be there by 4 and will hang for a while. Hopefully come back up again Saturday but without the car Sorry I know weak excuse but t-tops leak and just fixed my floors and carpet.

Hope to see you all soon

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I was also planning on coming out on Sat. I'm not sure if I want to drive 3+ hours for a whole day of rain. The forecast shows heavy rain from 10 am on. This is bad. I really wanted to come out and see everyone, but I think the weather is going to keep me away. There's always the Fall Carlisle show. Sorry guys.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Hey come park it under the tent. Seriously. We can fit one in here. Just a little water.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
and I sure can't drink all this beer by myself. OK, well, maybe I could, but it wouldn't be pretty.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Well &$@@'@!) I didn't even know he was going to be here. Didn't see him listed. Mike! Will you be here tomorrow or skip out on the weather?

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Day 1 is done! hajnovak great to see the Hurst again, but man get over and drink some of this beer! You should be parked over with us on Sunday! Great to hang out with V8 Rumble, and silverfox, who came in later with the Cutlass.

Guys, seriously, I know the weather is supposed to suck, but if you're in the area, you really should come out with your cars and represent. There's free pop/beer/water/stickers** involved, and it'll be nice and dry (hopefully) under the tent, bring your chairs! T-shirts for sale, too.

Great to meet Ryan, Ramey, Craig and the crew from UMI Performance / UMI Sales, and Tyler from Carlisle Events, hopefully things dry out Sunday on the autocross track. I understand Mike's Monte's is in the house but like last year, I'm always the last to know!!! Hope I can catch you tomorrow. If not, I'm mailing you a shirt and some stickers, dude.

Also check out my super hot rental Cruze. Not a bad little car, except I'm totally not used to squirrely-steering FWD cars like this. Takes some getting used to again.

** No seriously, come by and mooch. There's no way I can finish all of this stuff myself. Unless I can give it away it goes in the dumpster at the end of the show. I don't mind, that's what its for!!!

IMG_2884.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG
IMG_2879.JPG
IMG_2861.jpg

if you're wondering what the signs on the tentpoles say, one is a contest, that if I can't get anyone to notice it (seriously) , I'll open it up to the forum in general instead of just show goers......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor