2017 Hotrod Power Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yeah, the $4 for a bottle of water is complete bullshit. Between me and my brother and dad, we spent damn near 30 bucks on water. And it was so hot, the water almost got too hot to drink! So you had to down the water faster, which puts you in an endless cycle of paying out the *ss for Dasani. And I did see that white and green regal when I came in. We showed up around 2, and left at about 5:30 ish. I saw your car as I left as I said, what time did you get there? I for damn sure am going to go next year, wherever it is. The walking around is only half the fun. Did you register, or just show up and park?

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I registered, but kind of wish I didn't. I was walking around the show for hours until I had blisters on my feet and my arthritis joint were killing me. I then sat in my lawn chair by the road and watched cars go by. That was about 5 ish. Did you see ldr's Malibu? That is one clean machine now.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I registered, but kind of wish I didn't. I was walking around the show for hours until I had blisters on my feet and my arthritis joint were killing me. I then sat in my lawn chair by the road and watched cars go by. That was about 5 ish. Did you see ldr's Malibu? That is one clean machine now.
I may have seen it. I saw quite a few malibus. I dug that ratty grey 85ish Regal that I have a pic of in my post. I could've brought my regal (providing it had a drivetrain) and been right at home lol. I guarantee it would've been in the top 10 loudest cars there.

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO

Thanks for the compliments Zach. I was hoping to meet some of you. I meet another fella he said he was malibu racing more. We had a good visit. We're going to Madison today then heading home. It's going to be along day.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Thanks for the compliments Zach. I was hoping to meet some of you. I meet another fella he said he was malibu racing more. We had a good visit. We're going to Madison today then heading home. It's going to be along day.
You kind of meet me. I was sitting in the lawn chair waving at you when you left.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Thanks for sharing those photos Zach, your Monte Carlo Looks fantastic!

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
You kind of meet me. I was sitting in the lawn chair waving at you when you left.

Sorry if I didn't see you. I hope I at least waved back. It was hot and that place was dirty. We wasn't there very long. Thanks for post another pic of car. The air quit Tuesday, got to the motel that afternoon and wired everything to key power so it would work Wednesday for the drive home.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Sorry if I didn't see you. I hope I at least waved back. It was hot and that place was dirty. We wasn't there very long. Thanks for post another pic of car. The air quit Tuesday, got to the motel that afternoon and wired everything to key power so it would work Wednesday for the drive home.
Congratulations on making it to your goal. You did wave so we are good. You should post about your experiences. The ups and downs and all that.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Started in k.c. made it newton and heading to quad cities. Having a blast. Made the power tour web site.
Joe
Nice meeting you in Champaign Joe. My father had the 87' 442 and I was in the 79 Malibu

Heres a pic of our 66 Impala wagon

Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
hello again. it was nice talking to you also. had a great time on the tour.
thats a nice looking wagon. is that a ls motor going into that car? let me know how it works out. are you bagging it? it looks nice and low.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor