Alright it's been (6) weeks, and no updates. Where are we at with this??Hm, the more I think about it this should be an extra thing. People who work/etc. and may not be able to make it. Maybe OKC/points west to Tulsa/Catoosa on Fri, and then onward Sat. Its 6-of-one etc. etc. (cont... below)
This is why I was thinking we take Friday to get there, but like you said there are problems. What's ~3hrs on the interstate doing 75 takes 4+ otherwise on the back roads. So if we leave bright and early 7-ish Saturday we're not even there (registered and in) at the SM Nats til almost 12. But then its open until like 8pm so....... there's that, plenty of time to take it all in still.
I can probably get the better half or even my daughter to follow in the 4Runner as support. Stock some belts, hoses, oil, antifreeze, jumper cables, water, duct tape, bailing wire, bubble gum, etc.
273 days sounds like a lot but I know it isn't. Give me next week to throw a name and some prelim signage/graphics out there. Would like to tie it to the site if possible. Those are all good. Lets hear some more suggestions! This may come down to executive decision.
The Cutlass actually isn't bad, its a highway cruiser (OD and 2.56s) and gets about 20MPG but yeah the GP is thirsty with the 403 and 3.73s. 3K+ all the way at like ~9 MPG if that. I don't like interstate trips with her, even short ones.
Here's the big compromise I think might work: (assume Tulsa is Catoosa! )
- If anyone wants to do OKC->Tulsa on Friday, let me know and I'll be happy to do that, too, even if its just one of ya. Might even do beers/burgers at GBF headquarters Fri. Nite if there's only a few of us. More and we'd have to go out somewhere lol. Anyone else that wants to start at Tulsa with us should be ready to go Saturday morning. OKC isn't set in stone, it could be elsewhere depending on interest.
- From Tulsa we leave early Saturday morning early (7am too early? depends on if those beers happen?) and head to the Springfield Street Machine Nationals via Old 66. I just plotted it out (more or less) on Google maps and it says it'll take about 4 hrs, so figure in 4.5-5 to account for stops. I need to run an exact route, it really gets jiggy when you try to leave I-44 out of it.
- Anyone that wants to join us at Springfield and try to get into the meet at the same time, we should pick a place and meet at like 11am/12pm or so and all enter at the same time or close enough. If there isn't then hey we cruise on in.
- Cruise up and down Springfield Sat. Night after the show with everyone else (which means mostly idling at stoplights lol), meet up for dinner somewhere if you're staying in town.
- Leave Springfield Sunday morning on your own time and start planning for 2018.
Throw out some ideas for names. Will try to get with HAFROD offline next week and hash some of this out.
BUT THIS IS HAPPENING one way or another. lol
GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.