24 inch Tires??

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 Goon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 28, 2018
MN
Hey. I have a '79 Malibu wagon. It came with 16x8 90s Camaro wheels shod with 245/50R16 tires. I have no rubbing issues. I THINK the car is lowered a little but I cannot confirm how much. It needs new tires. Do you think I'd be ok to have 255/50R16s on all 4 corners? Just eyeballing it, it looks like it'd be ok. It's only another 5mm on each side of the tire. I'd rather not be forced to go all the way down to 225 up front. That's the next size down in a 50 series tire....that isn't too expensive for me. Thanks!

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Crunching the numbers, I figured out 245/45-17s are fairly close to the OD of the original 195/75-14s. Seems like a popular upgrade size in the G-Body community. I think that's probably ultimately what I'm going to do when I get around to suspension/wheels/tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor