24 irocs on monte carlo ss no lift??

Status
Not open for further replies.

laman1982

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2011
phoenix az
i want to put some 24s on my monte but dont wanna lift it is there a way ? and if so be specific on the steps please...! :itchy:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, cut open and enlarge the wheel wells and fenders... :roll:

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
laman1982 said:
i want to put some 24s on my monte but dont wanna lift it is there a way ? and if so be specific on the steps please...! :itchy:

Brand new springs and shocks all around, buy wheels with the correct offset (0 to -15), use 275/25/24 tires, get extended/adjustable rear trailing arms, and use spacers in the rear or get the frame notched (I prefer frame notch).

laman1982

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2011
phoenix az
good info thanks! do you know were i could find some pics or video of the frame being notched and work that is done to car ? cant find on you tube either bro? just wanna see how much work needs to be done you make it seem easy bro lol and i dont have any 4s to test fit to see were they would rub ...

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
laman1982 said:
good info thanks! do you know were i could find some pics or video of the frame being notched and work that is done to car ? cant find on you tube either bro? just wanna see how much work needs to be done you make it seem easy bro lol and i dont have any 4s to test fit to see were they would rub ...

http://www.maxchevy.com/tech/2008/iii_8-frame-1.html

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Qdub gave you the BEST advice right there bruh. Please do your suspension setup first before wheels. My dogs runnin 4's on their SS' are still on 20+ year old suspension parts and have very little issues. Check my youtube page out for tips on redoing your upper/lower lca's(lower control arms), springs, ball joints, bushings, sway bars ect. I'm running "Coil Spring" airbags from Airlift1000 in my rear springs. I'll be running 4's out back but dropped 3". The bags will help keep your SS' rear level and not sag or dip when turning into driveways and stuff. Also look into rolling your rear fender lip. Thats something else you can youtube. I'd have a shop do it if you dont feel comfortable doin that one yourself. look into beefing up your rear if you are gonna try to do burnout or donuts. Big wheels are murder on stock 7.5 rears when you try to do burns or donuts..

My youtube page. I have suspension rebuild vids for my SS and Elco here as well as other "how to" vids. Scroll down on the right side of the page. You will see em in the titles...

http://www.youtube.com/user/bumpin1ohm?feature=mhum

Here's a homie ridin 4's on all stock suspension...

[youtube]PTDcBc6PWkg[/youtube]

Another showin a clean Aero on 4's. Stock suspension

[youtube]WaYG0PlXd5Y[/youtube]

Hope this helps bruh. OH! Man please dont trip on these dudes on here about runnin any wheel size over 16 or whatever. You run what YOU want on YOUR ride fam.. Hell if you want 30's on there then do it. Just investigate how to do it the correct way...

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

laman1982

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2011
phoenix az
KOO BRO THANKS! BUT U SAY YOUR HOMMIE IS ON 4S O N STOCK DID HE HAVE TO CUT THE WELL ??
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Qdub gave you the BEST advice right there bruh. Please do your suspension setup first before wheels. My dogs runnin 4's on their SS' are still on 20+ year old suspension parts and have very little issues. Check my youtube page out for tips on redoing your upper/lower lca's(lower control arms), springs, ball joints, bushings, sway bars ect. I'm running "Coil Spring" airbags from Airlift1000 in my rear springs. I'll be running 4's out back but dropped 3". The bags will help keep your SS' rear level and not sag or dip when turning into driveways and stuff. Also look into rolling your rear fender lip. Thats something else you can youtube. I'd have a shop do it if you dont feel comfortable doin that one yourself. look into beefing up your rear if you are gonna try to do burnout or donuts. Big wheels are murder on stock 7.5 rears when you try to do burns or donuts..

My youtube page. I have suspension rebuild vids for my SS and Elco here as well as other "how to" vids. Scroll down on the right side of the page. You will see em in the titles...

http://www.youtube.com/user/bumpin1ohm?feature=mhum

Here's a homie ridin 4's on all stock suspension...

[youtube]PTDcBc6PWkg[/youtube]

Another showin a clean Aero on 4's. Stock suspension

[youtube]WaYG0PlXd5Y[/youtube]

Hope this helps bruh. OH! Man please dont trip on these dudes on here about runnin any wheel size over 16 or whatever. You run what YOU want on YOUR ride fam.. Hell if you want 30's on there then do it. Just investigate how to do it the correct way...

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
He most likely did. Ill ask the CC pres to get that info for me. I was at that show in the second vid. He didnt have his hood open. I looked under but didnt see anything cut..They (iroc KingsCC)were supposed to swang out to my spot today, but the rained phucked the meetup off. I'll see wassup and get back with you asap..

Elco Warren 8) 80zBabiezCC

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
So no one has said you have to re gear it to match the bigger wheels?Or bigger brakes to help stop it because of the increase of rotating mass?If you ever see a car go by wot and doing 35mph its not had a gear change is why.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
andrewmp6 said:
So no one has said you have to re gear it to match the bigger wheels?Or bigger brakes to help stop it because of the increase of rotating mass?If you ever see a car go by wot and doing 35mph its not had a gear change is why.

You don't have to do any of that. Upgrading your brakes is a wise decision, but it isn't necessary so long as you have your brake system serviced properly and everything is in good working condition. You don't have to change your gears for bigger wheels either, unless you just want to improve your take off and acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor