.25 auto

Status
Not open for further replies.

79malibu350

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2010
Anyone ever had a decent .25 auto? and if so what make and how much did you give for it? i've kinda been looking for one to keep in the console of mount under the dash or something, and small enough i can carry it on me when I'm fishing or something like that. My. 44 mag just isn't too easy to pack around. :mrgreen:

matt79

Greasemonkey
Dec 9, 2010
Minnesota
what length barrel does the 44 have my dads is like a 7 in i think. try carrying that lol

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
you could get a .45 colt officers model (I think it's called a commander?), they're not big at all... and you've got a .45 instead of a measly .25

Just a thought.

79malibu350

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2010
matt79 said:
what length barrel does the 44 have my dads is like a 7 in i think. try carrying that lol

lol yea im pretty sure that's got mine beat in difficulty carrying. Mine has a 3 in. barrel.

79malibu350

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2010
kornball426 said:
you could get a .45 colt officers model (I think it's called a commander?), they're not big at all... and you've got a .45 instead of a measly .25

Just a thought.

i like the way you think. I've always kind of liked the .25s for some reason. My grandpa always had about six of them until he sold most of his guns.

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
Years ago I did some ballistic gel and wet newspaper tests between a .25 acp and a .22lr and the .22lr always seemed to do more damage and penetrate deeper. Of course, people are not made of newspaper or gel, but when you also take the cost of practice ammo, the .22lr looks better if you are truly looking for a mouse gun.
I personally prefer a .380 acp for a 100% of the time CCW gun. I personally carry a Kel-tec P3AT all the time, even in shorts. When I am dressed for it, I also carry a Glock 29 (10mm auto) which is very easy to hide in jeans or kakhi's but not with shorts.

matt79

Greasemonkey
Dec 9, 2010
Minnesota
79malibu350 said:
kornball426 said:

Just a thought.

i like the way you think. I've always kind of liked the .25s for some reason. My grandpa always had about six of them until he sold most of his guns.
my dad has one of those i think its a colt combat commander and there not cheap dont know what your budjet is though

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
I think the guys above are talking about an "officers commander" Officer models have shorter frames, whereas the commander models have shorter barrels. Put it together and they make a small gun with good firepower. Another idea in this same realm is the nice Kahr slim-line guns if you prefer something you can drop into your back pocket.
I still recomment a compact Glock for a CCW gun. They perform flawlessly, have a higher than average mag capacity (and most will use their larger counterpart's extended mags). They are also cheap enough, and tough enough. What else can we ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor