307 carb leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

n00b
Jul 6, 2010
Hello all, actually I just joined here to ask a question about my son's 86 Cutlass. It has a 307 with the 4bbl rochester carb that has now developed a leak when pumping the carb. See the yellow circle area where gas spills out when pumping the carb. Should we try to rebuild this carb, have it professionaly rebuild, order a rebuild carb on line (cost way too much at the local auto parts places here in California). Also, I understand there are two types of carbs for this engine. One is computer control and the other non-computer controlled. The computer on this car has been bypassed so I guess a non-computer control carb would work for this engine. Am I correct on this? I'm assuming those electrical plugs attached to the existing carb aren't doing anything. My son is also thinking about some after market carb as well. Any direct bolts on with a manual choke that would work for this engine. Sorry for all the questions guys.. who someone can help here. Thanks.. Will

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    904.7 KB · Views: 283
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor