307 Intake Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I had a couple questions about the stock aluminum intake that came on my 307. I have in my car now a '69 model 350 Olds. It has the factory cast iron intake that weighs a ton. I was planning on getting a performer 2711 Edelbrock (non - egr) but don't want to really waste $300...

Then I remembered my 307 sitting in my shed had a factory aluminum intake. So what would happen if I decided to put that 307 intake onto my 350 Oldsmobile. Would it be more restrictive than the cast 350 intake? I don't want to make it any harder for my motor to breathe than it already is. The other thing I was looking at is weight. I know it will weigh a lot less than the boat anchor on there now. The motor is nothing really radical. It is a stock motor punched out .030 over, and it has a little comp cam in it. All fed by a Quadrajet off a 70's model Oldsmobile.

So what do you guys think? Will I benefit anything out of swapping em out?

FREE 307 aluminum intake - VS - $300 Edelbrock 2711 Performer Intake.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
If you have the A4, then use that. That's what I'm running on my 350. It's the same design as the older stock intakes except they have ridges on the floor for better fuel atomization at lower RPM's ( which is where a street car spends 99% of it's life ).

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Yea I've got the A4 intake manifold. So I guess I'm good to go with it. I just had no idea if it was worth putting on my car. But I appreciate you helping me out with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor