350 4 Bolt Main rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Hey Gents,

My buddy has a large RV that is being junked. it currently has a recently (as in last 2k miles) rebuilt Chevy 4 Bolt Main in there he is trying to sell. Or you can have the entire RV, he has the title.

its located in Ft. Pierce Florida.

would anyone happen to be interested in this motor? i can get more specs and pics if someone wants. the motor would have to be pulled but Im sure the price would be fair.

just trying to help a buddy.

thx

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you can get a price with or without the Rv i think that would help. Do you know anything about the engine like the year of it and the name of the shop who rebuilt it. If I am interested in an engine that was rebuilt recently I always ask for the build sheet or the invoice which should show what parts went into the engine...etc

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Normally an engine with no documented history would be considered a core engine. Just my opinion.
As Steve stated, if there isn't any paperwork or receipts indicating it's "rebuilt" status.
I guess if someone was interested and it could be started, then that might be a different story.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
This reminded me of something my uncle told me "there are more 350's out of Corvettes for sale than there was made"

Back on topic.....a "rebuilt" engine without any proof (receipts, invoice, build sheet, etc...) is as good as a core.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
There is always a market for an early SBC although the demand and price is dwindling. As stated above it's hard to sell something when you don't know what it is. What year is it? Who rebuilt it? Sure it's a 4 bolt? What was put in it? Was it bored? Is it running? Casting and stamped numbers tell a lot, most of the large older RV's 70 thru 80 had 400's

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Ok thanks all for the feedback i havent really asked him much info as he is just looking to get rid of it so i thought i would put out feelers. I doubt he has any paperwork as he isnt the one who paid to have it rebuilt Maybe he should just send the whole thing to the scrap yard

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It might still be worth it to someone. Price will be a deciding factor.

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ok thanks all for the feedback i havent really asked him much info as he is just looking to get rid of it so i thought i would put out feelers. I doubt he has any paperwork as he isnt the one who paid to have it rebuilt Maybe he should just send the whole thing to the scrap yard

I would ask him before he junks it, if the price is low there may be a member here who has a tight budget and would be willing to take a chance with it. If it is still in the RV then at least the buyer can hear it run.

• Agree

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Pulling a motor from an rv?if you live to tell the tale..its free:)
I can only imagine what that involves

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor