350 SBC w/ FAST EZ EFI 30227-06KIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I grabbed this kit cause I got it from Summit for $550 from their clearance section. I originally planned on LS swapping but I’ll do this for now. Work on the rest of the car and let the LS be the last on the list now.
Crazy the amount of stuff that's in that section & you're braver than me.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
lol why is that? A lot of stuff that I’ve bought from there I was able to sell to get my money back or profit a little bit. They have some really good deals.
Once you purchase anything from that area, it's yours. Certain parts I wouldn't hesitate. Others (motors, electronics) would need to be discounted deeeep..... just in case there are issues w/the product you can't determine by visual inspect alone.

I saw 2 BBC's & 2 SBC's there last weekend. All looked like shipping damages only (engines tipped crushing v-covers/ dinging corners of the heads or manifold). Prices were marked down several hundred dollars to 'compensate' but what if there were issues w/something internally? Wouldn't be the first time a new motor had something wrong w/the assembly. Something like that where you might be able to return for exchange you'd be S.O.L & not worth the few hundred off. I'm a poor f@#ker though & will only gamble when the odds are extremely tilted my way.

Reactions: 1 user

Call Her Bu

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2012
Arlington, TX
Once you purchase anything from that area, it's yours. Certain parts I wouldn't hesitate. Others (motors, electronics) would need to be discounted deeeep..... just in case there are issues w/the product you can't determine by visual inspect alone.

I saw 2 BBC's & 2 SBC's there last weekend. All looked like shipping damages only (engines tipped crushing v-covers/ dinging corners of the heads or manifold). Prices were marked down several hundred dollars to 'compensate' but what if there were issues w/something internally? Wouldn't be the first time a new motor had something wrong w/the assembly. Something like that where you might be able to return for exchange you'd be S.O.L & not worth the few hundred off. I'm a poor f@#ker though & will only gamble when the odds are extremely tilted my way.
I understand that. I would never buy a motor from the clearance. This kit was about $1000 off of regular price so I figured why not. At the very least I could get my money back. I gamble on cheap stuff. Nothing that would hurt my pockets.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor