355 with 11.5:1 compression...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Well the point is moot... The dude that was supposed to buy my truck bounced the check he wrote me for a down payment. So I'm stuck with this truck, and without enough money to pay the guy with the car... Even though I told him I was gonna buy it. Which makes me look like a total dick after I talked him down in price and shook his hand. :( Oh well sh*t happens, life will go on. It's probably good anyway, the more I think about it... That car isn't for me anyway. I just decided I'm gonna build my own motor to my needs/wants, and drop it in my regal till I find a nice looking Monte SS body to put it in.

Turns out they're not Pro 1's either they're Iron Eagles... Which I'm not thrilled about that much compression with iron heads. You guys talked me into thinking it's fine with aluminum, which is probably true. But there's a reason they stopped running that much compression in cars when they switched to unleaded gas... High compression, low octane, carburetors, and bad heat dissapation don't make a good combination. It runs excellent though, great oil pressure (65 psi at idle and 80 driving), runs around 180-190 degree's, tons of power, starts easily, drives nice despite manual valve body and 3200 stall converter, and not enough vacuum to operate the power brakes at low RPM. There was no point to check the oil for signs of damage though, he literally did an oil change three days ago so it looked brand new. Oh and man oh man did those tiny Kirkey race seats mess up my back hahaha. It'd be the perfect car for someone who wants a low buck race car, but for the street it's probably not a good DD. Not to mention, if you're alone how are you supposed to check the oil at the gas station with a pin on fiberglass hood? :lol:

If anyone would be interested in the car I can give you the guys number after I have to break the news to him that I don't have the money I thought I had.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Bringing back this topic, I'm looking at a car soon, it's an F-Body and I'm not a big F-body fan but it seems like it's a good deal and it's a 73 so no emissions inspection required in my state. 8) Anyways does anyone know what the cam specs are on a Edlebrock performer RPM power pack kit? I looked on edlebrock's site and in Jegs and Summit, but they don't seem to publish the cam specs. This guy has Performer RPM heads on the motor. But his cam seems more wild than what I'd think the kits come with, he doesn't mention the duration but its a lunati cam .525 valve lift 108 lobe separation. And he says it's running 10.5:1 compression (now that sounds more like it lol). He's got a Holley 750 double pumper, and of course full length headers, no cats.

Just wondering because Edlebrock advertised HP of the Performer RPM kit is 410hp but that's with 9.5:1 compression, and their cam... So I'm wondering what kind of power his set up is making. I my best guess is... More? haha.

Plus this car has a 8.5inch 3.73 posi ten bolt, and a TCI TH350 and 3200 stall converter.

Car is far away but seems like a great deal. Even if it is an F-body... You guys won't hate me if I go over to the dark side will you? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor