36MM front sway bar from WS6 T/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Scored a great deal on a WS6 Trans Am sway bar for $30 today. So I decided to do a test fit and it lines right up even with using the factory clamps with new Moog Poly Bushings. Now to paint it and get it the same color as the new UMI rear control arm setup I have coming in next week 😀 I post more pics when the paint dries for me to install tomorrow. It will be a good hangover job. :lol:

Attachments

• IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,446
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,148
  • IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,098
Be sure to let us know the handling difference! I have the 34mm on my car but I haven't driven it since it's currently dismantled. I can't wait to see the difference my upgrades will make.

G-Body_Vet said:
Be sure to let us know the handling difference! I have the 34mm on my car but I haven't driven it since it's currently dismantled. I can't wait to see the difference my upgrades will make.

Definately will. As soon at these show up she will be back on the road again.

Attachments

• 302116a_LRG.jpg
    302116a_LRG.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,061
tobyp said:
Scored a great deal on a WS6 Trans Am sway bar for $30 today. So I decided to do a test fit and it lines right up even with using the factory clamps with new Moog Poly Bushings. Now to paint it and get it the same color as the new UMI rear control arm setup I have coming in next week 😀 I post more pics when the paint dries for me to install tomorrow. It will be a good hangover job. :lol:
what years was the ws6?

1985cutlasssupreme said:
tobyp said:
what years was the ws6?

I believe 82-92 but the ws6 came with different options through the years. I understand it is possible. To get ws6 with a 32 or 34 mm bar as well. The later year ws6 bar the 36

Your going to need a lot more rear sway bar to match the stiffness of that front bar.

FE3X CLONE said:
Your going to need a lot more rear sway bar to match the stiffness of that front bar.

Ryan from umi thinks i should b ok. Since the whole rear setup from them it should be ok. If not time to upgrade more!

Finished up, Just now just the wait for the UMI rear control arms

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,027
  • IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,042
  • IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,014
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor