36MM front sway bar from WS6 T/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
pontiacgp said:
turn your wheels lock to lock and to see how hard the tire rubs on the bar...

It doesn't. That was the first thing I checked on the test fit. I have at least an inch or more either side.

what size wheels and tires are you running? You can see on your picture how much wider the 36 mm bar is

file.php

pontiacgp said:
what size wheels and tires are you running? You can see on your picture how much wider the 36 mm bar is

file.php

235/60/15 with 15x7 -19 offset wheels which is giving me the clearance needed.

I have 245-50-16 with a 4.5" backspacing and I have camaro spindles which kick out the wheels a little and it still rubbed until I dropped in a Z box. I can't move my wheels any further out without flaring my fenders

finished and done with the front end. Now to the back end. I believe that I will be investing in the HR Parts anti sway and roll bar as well after the EMI control arms get put in. One thing at a time. Or mamma will get a little upset.

Attachments

• IMAG0082.jpg
    IMAG0082.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 862
these are nice looking control arms but you might want to consider going with a roto joint in the uppers. The stock uppers are made to twist when they bind. The other thing is if you go with the adjustable and ever want to switch out the rear for a 12 bolt UMI might be wiling to sell you just the conversion part that fits over the ears

file.php

I might be able to come across a 34mm GTA front sway bar and quick ratio steering box if anyone might be interested.
I figured I'd put it out there to see if there's any interest.

pontiacgp said:
these are nice looking control arms but you might want to consider going with a roto joint in the uppers. The stock uppers are made to twist when they bind. The other thing is if you go with the adjustable and ever want to switch out the rear for a 12 bolt UMI might be wiling to sell you just the conversion part that fits over the ears

file.php

Quote from Ryan Kirkwood, UMI Performance.

"Polyurethane bushings can bind when the car is pushed beyond that point such as autocross and road race applications.

Based on that you are just fine.

Bind is when the bushings won't allow the rear end to following and they place pressure on the control arm mounting points. Poly is stiffer than rubber so this can happen and this is why we don't use solid bushings in rear control arms. However a fun street car won't push the car to the limits of this being an issue in our opinion."

On my street car the stock upper that I boxed elongated the 1/2" hole for the bolt attaching it to the ear to 3/4". If you have the opportunity remove the springs and shocks and make the rear end travel and you'll see the binding that happens on all 4 links when running with bushings. That's why I made the suggestion. I now have the Roto Joint so I can run solid uppers and poly bushings with no bind whatsoever and I'll be replacing my boxed lower with UMI lowers with one Roto-Joint this winter

I just sold my extra 34mm bar today for $20. I had been trying to sell it for $30 FOREVER. I can't believe nobody jumped on it over the 3 month period it was advertised.....no rust on it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor