374 Olds 350 stroker build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I think the simple fact, Mark would have looked over this crank if I sent it to him to use it. If it would needed this much Mallory, he would have offered me a core N crank to use instead. If I do anything with the 403, especially for a truck, it will be external balance at a different shop. The 11 months was more of a piss off. I assumed it would take less time and money to do it local vs sending parts or paying core charges to Mark in Florida. Apparently not, it just adds to another wonderful year.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, I should have sent this now solid gold crank to Mark and sucked up a block core and had him build it. I will be measuring everything carefully and throughly cleaning everything before assembly. I still need to get a half dozen parts from Mark, was waiting on a couple of pieces, paid for, including the AEM wideband to tune my custom Qjet. I am wondering whether I should wait for the new Edelbrock 350 heads. What's another 2 grand US to blow on this thing.

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
You are staying with the Qjet, will be interesting to see how she runs.
Yeah it gets to the point of no return on the build. All depends what you want and how deep your pockets are. Myself I put the money into the irons cause I wanted the stock look but put alot of time into them. I ported and polished myself but the machine work with bigger valves and new guides and spring, cost me 1000 a head. I could of went with aluminum but didn't. Like the stock look and happy with it. My stroker build will probably be aluminum

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I'm sure my crank is done, will pick it up in a week or 2. I bought these for a very good price on Amazon, now I only will Edelbrock heads with roller springs and MLS head gaskets, if I decide to go that route.
20211110_180855.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well nearly $3200 Canadian for the machine shop bill. Of course they forgot to hone fit the rods for the floating pins🤔.

Attachments

• Order_W3259-2.pdf
    647.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Precise Engine in Saskatoon will pin fit the rods, they said a week.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Well nearly $3200 Canadian for the machine shop bill. Of course they forgot to hone fit the rods for the floating pins🤔.

Half of that was the crank. Sheesh.

• Agree
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yep, good times, I could have and should have shipped parts to Cutlassefi in Florida for the build. Live and learn. FYI, you would still have to pay for a LS 🙈motor and the install/tune for me to go that route.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Talked to Precise Engine, my rods will be honed and done by Noon, supposedly working on them right now. I will grab them first thing Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor