3D Printing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
False alarm, I re-uploaded it and somehow it came through better?

This is how it was, I looked at pricing and it seemed odd.
View attachment 188971

I re-uploaded it and its better.
View attachment 188972

I can print it out of Nylon which is semi flexible for ~$35 shipped for a set.

Thank Cali Wagon dude.
Maybe a fresh post regarding availability in the wagon subforum would get more attention than being buried in a couple long threads?.....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
False alarm, I re-uploaded it and somehow it came through better?

This is how it was, I looked at pricing and it seemed odd.
View attachment 188971

I re-uploaded it and its better.
View attachment 188972

I can print it out of Nylon which is semi flexible for ~$35 shipped for a set.

Thank Cali Wagon dude.
Those look pretty good.
I had a friend of my son try his hand at it. I gave him a sample and the wing to proto type with and came back with these. Not the style i was hoping for and the retainer stem is not the right size. I haven't gotten back him for correction.

Attachments

• 20211224_131559.jpg
    20211224_131559.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I was just thinking about this, body trim molding clips cause we know 90% are hard to find.

Yeah, I mean start making a list, right here if needed. Let try and keep it realistic, small parts that just aren't made or found any more. If you can get it anywhere, its probably simpler to just do that. No promises but maybe eventually we/I might figure it out.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yeah, I mean start making a list, right here if needed. Let try and keep it realistic, small parts that just aren't made or found any more. If you can get it anywhere, its probably simpler to just do that. No promises but maybe eventually we/I might figure it out.
Looks like I'll have to dig out some clips after the holidays.

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
Those look pretty good.
I had a friend of my son try his hand at it. I gave him a sample and the wing to proto type with and came back with these. Not the style i was hoping for and the retainer stem is not the right size. I haven't gotten back him for correction.
Ask what filament was used when he printed. Probably PLA. I've heard that if you print with ABS plastic that you can take the completed part, put it in a container with a cap full of acetone and it will smooth out all the groves.

I cannot confirm this but will be trying it when I get some ABS filament.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Ask what filament was used when he printed. Probably PLA. I've heard that if you print with ABS plastic that you can take the completed part, put it in a container with a cap full of acetone and it will smooth out all the groves.

I cannot confirm this but will be trying it when I get some ABS filament.

Have done, can confirm it works with abs.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Would you buy one? :LOL: Just dicking around in Fusion360, came up with this. I think I need to find "other logos" (cough plz look the other way GM kthx) and get to work... This is about 100x15x3.5mm in size in the slicer. As designed was like 17cm which is pretty big for a keychain lol. Got a long print running but I'll test run one next. Only mono-colors (I have silver white black and a rosewood atm. and clear but why... gotta test the dk blue TPU on it for fun I guess)

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 5.21.15 PM.png

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor