4 wheel disc conversion (research validation needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I think I may have the same issue with the driver side cable. The sheath on it is super tight and when I adjust the passenger side i have to have the adjuster nuts all the way screwed on and I can’t seem to get the passenger side to engage at all
Yup, In-line tube made me a new cable that was approx 1-1.5” longer in the sheath and the problem was resolved.

Sorry to hear about he shipping BS. I hate to say it, but this everywhere. I ranted about Jegs and their indication of when parts will ship regarding a set of MT drag radials. It was total BS and they knew it

If it doesn’t say ‘in stock’ then call the supplier if you really need it.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
where have I heard this story before? your adjuster nuts are screwed all the way on (probably pretty tight) and you just can't get the passenger to engage o_O
yeah,she's the one that got away...

• Haha

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Yup, In-line tube made me a new cable that was approx 1-1.5” longer in the sheath and the problem was resolved.

Sorry to hear about he shipping BS. I hate to say it, but this everywhere. I ranted about Jegs and their indication of when parts will ship regarding a set of MT drag radials. It was total BS and they knew it

If it doesn’t say ‘in stock’ then call the supplier if you really need it.
Since I have time to kill I’m going to keep messing with different ideas on how to make it work. Here’s what my set up looks like right now. I know it’s hooked up properly but man it really makes me scratch my head as to how it engages the passenger side when the driver side cable is that is truly the only side being pulled A6FFED28-E4D2-48F8-B565-CB2D876563B5.jpeg

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
  • Clever

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Fun fact you can only get tech support via email now from these guys, estimated response time is 2-3 days.

• Sad

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
64nailhead big thank you for taking the time last night to send over some great reference pictures. Just got word back from Inline that they will make a custom length cable to fix their design flaw for a small fee of $90

TtopMonte

n00b
Jun 16, 2017
Does anyone have pics of the finished blazer front brake swap? Also, how well does it meet the turning stop bracket?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I have a few in my build thread when I installed them during the frame off.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Does anyone have pics of the finished blazer front brake swap? Also, how well does it meet the turning stop bracket?
No pics here, but the steering stop will most likely need some massaging. Can you say 4.5" angle grinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor