454 chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
My low compression 7.4l TBI propelled BBC in my CC dually is peppy enough w/just mild stuff (valve job on the PP heads, mild RV cam, flat-top pistons vs OE dished). It will light up the duals.
My motor in a 2,000lb lighter g-body sure seems like it would be fun. Even more so w/a better fuel delivery set-up.

Reactions: 4 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Think of it as an investment. If the 'you bought it" price is reasonable then you have options. Like was noted above, A cam swap for better breathing along with flat top pistons to bump the compression a hair. Even if you still fall below 9.0 to 1 that is still perfect for a blower! Port the heads for all they are worth or find a set of gently? used oval heads; swap meets are your friend and you have a stump puller that howls like dog and scares little kids and little old ladies at the cruise nights. Find a cheap ex-service truck to throw it in and you have an instant sleeper.

Or, just drop the pan to make sure there is nothing lurking on the bottom. If all is well, then wash it, apply a heavy coat of Fluid Film or Honey Goo or Deep Creep or similar rust defender to block the rust and park it on a dolly. Next swap meet = $$$.

Nick

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Think of it as an investment. If the 'you bought it" price is reasonable then you have options. Like was noted above, A cam swap for better breathing along with flat top pistons to bump the compression a hair. Even if you still fall below 9.0 to 1 that is still perfect for a blower! Port the heads for all they are worth or find a set of gently? used oval heads; swap meets are your friend and you have a stump puller that howls like dog and scares little kids and little old ladies at the cruise nights. Find a cheap ex-service truck to throw it in and you have an instant sleeper.

Or, just drop the pan to make sure there is nothing lurking on the bottom. If all is well, then wash it, apply a heavy coat of Fluid Film or Honey Goo or Deep Creep or similar rust defender to block the rust and park it on a dolly. Next swap meet = $$$.

Nick
I researched the flow numbers & the BBC Peanut Port heads flowed as good as or slightly better vs the common early LS1 heads under .400 lift & about the same under .500. The LS1 def keeps going when the PP heads are done; but that's still usable air-flow down low. Sure, I'd use some oval 781's or similar if I had easy access (free/cheap) but the PP heads work fine for a driver car.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor