Status
Not open for further replies.

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
dr78442 said:
WASTEDTALENT said:
dr78442 said:

so that's all it is a piece of metal with 4 holes in it, i can make that with a quickness. is something like that strong enough?

That's it . I made the same part for my 78 . I made it about 12 years ago and I have had no problems with my 502/400 combo. Good luck :D

thanks alot for the info, ill most likely bolt it up and weld it as well just to be on the safe side. does anyone know how to check what car this engine came out of? i was told it was out of a 442,

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
also what motor mounts do i use?, i have the 307 mounts for the frame but what should i ask for the block.

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
Blake442 said:
307 mounts for the block side too.

thanks, after some research i found this is either a 88/98 olds engine. so whats its rating as its sits as low as 310, they gave the engine to my buddy for a paint job think it may have been a rip off.

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
anybody have the lower alternator bracket? i also need power steering pump, unless i can use the one off the Chevy 305?

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
WASTEDTALENT said:
anybody have the lower alternator bracket? i also need power steering pump, unless i can use the one off the Chevy 305?
:bump:

already dropped it in, got the car on wensday, and yeah i did that awsome rattle can paintjob (limited budjet) original deal was for me just to drop it in but i cleaned it up some and sprayed it.

Photo0948.jpg

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
looks nice man! Cant wait to see it all together, looks clean. like the older twin next to it 8)

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
3XBrownCutty said:
looks nice man! Cant wait to see it all together, looks clean. like the older twin next to it 8)

thanks its my buddy's car, I'm missing the lower alternator bracket, the 400 yoke, the power steering pump and any brackets that were on that, starter, also need a passenger side exhaust manifold of a car that came with true duals this ones hitting the firewall. I'm also looking for a drive line out of a car with a 200r4, I'm doing the work for a set of new wheels and tires and part of the deal was to shorten the drive line however it costs $130 which makes this deal sh*t, so I'm trying to find a cheaper solution. hes low on cash so I'm thinking its going to get trailered off because I'm low on space.

here's what i did today, made a plate fore firewall, and put the clip on.

thanks for all the help and info everyone
Photo0949.jpg

Photo0950.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor