455 no go

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody31

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2012
glad u got it running.....now time to fine tune it,,,post up some pics when u can,,,,,cheers,,,

Woodswagon1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2013
86 Grand prix said:
Could still be timing, too low and very little power and slow response to the throttle, carb coughing back. Too much timing is just as bad or worse. Try to find that sweet spot in the timing.

Yeah that's what our general consensus was before he left, if the plug thing doesn't work, which I really don't think it will its going back to his shop and start over fresh like he did when he put her together for me. At least now I can avoid his tow bill to get it there!!

Woodswagon1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2013
Here's a due view

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 349

Woodswagon1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2013
Another

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 329

Woodswagon1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2013
Yeah the plugs did what I thought.........nothing. One question was asked of me today and I think I know he answer but not 100% sure is it possible to mount the gear on the end of the distributer shaft 180 degrees off? I personally don't think so but thought I'd throw it out there.

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
The gear can go on two ways, but it has no bearing on the timing, when you have the motor on true TDC and drop the dist in it doesn't even matter what post you make number one, usually one of the post next to the power hook up is best to keep the wires short and neat, but when you install a HEI into a ford you almost have to use the post directly across from the power hook up because fords have the dist in the front and it changes the wire routing

Woodswagon1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2013
Yeah that's what I thought but wasn't sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor