455 rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The N crank with be fine, it good through 600+ HP, the block limit. Get light pistons with a good thin ring pack, which are most of the pistons out there except the cast and heavy, thick ring Speedpro pistons. Procomp heads will only be a bit more than adding big valves and all the machine work, upgraded springs and screw in studs. They will out flow any stockish iron heads out of box.

Last edited:

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
"spray a 150 shot" That's a whole new can of worms. Yes, upgrade the connecting rods, plus the rest of the drivetrain or you'll find your weakest link.

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
"spray a 150 shot" That's a whole new can of worms. Yes, upgrade the connecting rods, plus the rest of the drivetrain or you'll find your weakest link.
I know already the weakest link will be the stock trans. I have an 8.5 rear end

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Go with some forged pistons.

Resize the rods, new ARP fasteners.

Crank turned or polished.

I have never used the Pro Comp heads, but, for the most part, fixing up older heads will put you within a few hundred of new aluminum that saves weight, helps with cooling, allows for more pump gas safe compression, and will have better valve train stuff.

Grab a good distributor. Start looking for a good intake. I am pretty sure, Pro Comp offers a 455 Air Gap intake.

Get yourself from Kroil from Kano Labs to get the thing unstuck and apart.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor