4x10 deck ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
ok i wanted to put 4 4x10 spearkers on my rear deck can someone tell me how would i do that or explain or show me step by step how to make a fiberglass deck for this purpose thank you.

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
Search is your friend... There have been a bunch of topics lately that deal with adaptors, alternate speaker locations, etc. What you are proposing probably shouldn't be a first-time fiberglass project. You can use MDF and mount it to the flanges in the trunk if the torsion bars aren't in the way.

varns1985442

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2010
SD
I have 2 aftermarket 4x10s in my 87 and was able to modify the stock speaker holders to hold my speakers.

trevorjm

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2011
I bought some kicker 4x10's (there don't seem to be alot of options in good speakers this size) and what I did was used paper to make an outline of them and marked where they would be screwed in, and just drilled holes in the metal under the package tray. I taped the outlines underneath and laid in the trunk so it'd work it's not perfect because it's awkward laying in the trunk but it came out nice and neat I'd say.

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
tell the truth i even seen somebody ziptie them down thats how i had mine. but i took em down bc im selling them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor