5-speed cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
the transmission is a t50, you can find the transmissions in toyota trucks. ive had two of cutlass with 5 speeds, one i still have a 79 black on black the other i had years ago i parted out the trans is in my dads 69 cutlass and the driveshaft is in my 85 ss that i have a t5 out of a camaro in it. the driveshaft was the correct lenght for the swap.

80ECLT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2006
Wisconsin
Damn man, How many cars do you guys have???

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
alot of g-bodys also the t-50 is a borg-warner transmission

RocketMan83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2007
Barrie & Milton, Ontario
85ss/85gn, what kind of power do you think the 350 ism aking that you have the T5 behind? How is it holding up? Ive been looking at swapping in a T5 but it seems like at best the torque ratings are 330 ft/lbs and I think Ill be putting in an engine with more than that.

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
my motor has a stock bottom end from a 80 corvette with a .470 inch lift cam,vortec heads, rpm performer air gap intake and a 600 cfm carb. it seem to work good, i have done some hard launchs from stop and go lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor