5 speed transmission needed for s10 with 305

Status
Not open for further replies.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
my freind has a 95 s10 with a 305 and a 350 turbo with a ratchet b&m shifter it was originaly a manual it still has the clutch pedal is still there and he has to use the clutch to start the truck so he pretty sure he just needs the transmission and shifter any input and know how would help he really wants more than 3 gears he tops out at like 90mph and its at a really high rpm

james_cambron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2007
Nebraska
illregal82 said:
my freind has a 95 s10 with a 305 and a 350 turbo with a ratchet b&m shifter it was originaly a manual it still has the clutch pedal is still there and he has to use the clutch to start the truck so he pretty sure he just needs the transmission and shifter any input and know how would help he really wants more than 3 gears he tops out at like 90mph and its at a really high rpm

He wants to put a manual back in? I am just trying to understand what he wants

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
I would suggest to him to just find a trans from a similar year s-10 with the 4.3 and grab everything from it except the flywheel, IIRC the flywheel is ballanced different.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
he wants it to be a manual again with a different transmission he wants more than 3 gears it has a 350 turbo transmission he was told a transmission from a 82-92 camaro thats a 5 speed and from a v8 would work perfect is this true

james_cambron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2007
Nebraska
?????

illregal82 said:
he wants it to be a manual again with a different transmission he wants more than 3 gears it has a 350 turbo transmission he was told a transmission from a 82-92 camaro thats a 5 speed and from a v8 would work perfect is this true

I am not much into the s10 hybrids, but it seams to me that it should work. I am sure somebody here would know for sure. Good Luck

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I think manual S10s have 4.10s. I bet that is exciting.

BB Olds

Apprentice
Feb 18, 2007
Wi.
illregal82 said:
yes the camaro T5 will work well you just haft to cut a new hole for the shifter it is mounted more rear ward on a camaro .

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
heres a stupid question.... do they make bellhousings to fit the t-5 for a olds motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor