500 Cadillac in a G Body

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
Drool....

I absolutely love the Monte front clip and doors . . . the 1978-1980 Monte Carlo's contours were always great in my view, and looks AWESOME on this beast!

Being unique is an added bonus!

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
Thread not closed but nearly 2 years dead, so I'll comment. Awesome build. Gave me some insight into what I'll be looking forward to if I ever get that 500 out of my dad's Caddy and into my Cutlass. I've heard those things are torque monsters and with an aluminium intake they weigh less then a 350 (though the eldelbrock intake doesn't allow for stock AC). The Camino looks sweet. I hope you still have it alive and burning through sneakers.

Reactions: 1 user

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
It's been about 5 years and 50,000 miles so far. Pretty much just normal maintenance except for a cracked flex plate that had to be replaced last year. It's still as much fun to drive as the day it rolled out of the shop and will probably get it's 3rd set of tires the end of this year.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Like they say, no news in good news..:)

how is your gas mileage, I imagine you don't have to use too much of the pedal to get the car going

Last edited:

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
It's about 17-18 @ 75mph with the AC on (or off......the old engine doesn't seem to notice that little bit of a HP draw LOL).

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's about 17-18 @ 75mph with the AC on (or off......the old engine doesn't seem to notice that little bit of a HP draw LOL).

I bet your getting better fuel economy on the highway that the stock version of your El Camino

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
I bet your getting better fuel economy on the highway that the stock version of your El Camino

What's stock ????? :mrgreen:

Actually, the wife has an 84 El Camino that I threw a first generation LT1 350 that I pulled from a 72 Corvette in (I dropped the compression on it just a bit to make it more street friendly). It's only gets about 16 MPG on the highway.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Thanks for posting on this thread again, so I could see it. I love every thing about that car! Great work.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Your car has to be one of my favorite swaps and one I've always wanted to do.....just no time!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor