67 442 NOT-build Thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, very few Options for gaskets now that ROL and Corteco are gone. I think Mr Gasket still has a nice set, even comes with neoprene rear main seal.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Internet lore on the 39* angle varies a bit. General consensus is that 425s with C heads are 39s. Of course after 50 years, any combination is possible. Look for the drill spot on the front pad.
20190614_061111.jpg

That's supposed to be the 39* indicator.
Also be aware that any cam and lifter combination is possible. Large or small diameters on either 39* or 45*, and the large diameter lifters are expensive.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
You know, I have never penciled or CAD'd it out but one would think there would be potential alignment issues on the intake/head surface and slight rise/fall grind variance on the cam lobes, etc?

Last edited:

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
By the way Bruce, you will have to wait a bit on the linkage to cable throttle swap with the remote by the transmission downshift switch. I was starting to put it all on when I just . . . Garth this is a time when you know you are just going to have to do this twice ahead of time. Why? Get the damn motor/transmission out, fix the leaks so you can actually drive it somewhere besides town and back [they are that bad], then convert the pedal and transmission switch . A moment of clarity especially since winter is here again . . . :roll:

Reactions: 1 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Since it does run fine (after replacing that Holley with a QJ anyway), I do not plan on removing the heads unless I discover a problem? I guess on the one hand it would perhaps be a piece of mind thing to check it all. Pop bearing caps too and check wear and clearances while replacing the pan gaskets. But I do have the receipts on all that work from just 2 1/2 yrs ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor