67 442 NOT-build Thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
Hello, I'm watching your progress. Nice Sports Coupe. Who did you buy the 17" SS1 wheels from?
I too have a couple 1967 442's. I'm making slow progress on my "money pits."
Keep us updated, thanks, Ken

Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Hope this stuff is good . . . ?? Peeps over on the Tacoma forum swear by it.

Got this coming for both the 67 and 87 frames along with a pint each of gray and silver for the 87 floor where I removed all the blobs of glue and bondo from the glue and bondo fight a couple of morons apparently had inside my car on the assembly line back in 1986, and the 67 trunk floor.

https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s...ck-and-rust-encapsulator-restoration-kit.html

Reactions: 3 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
After consulting with Fleming442, my sound engineer [check's in the mail Bruce just like your "best seller" book (y)], since I have an extra set and they will fit without a kluge, it looks like I will put (2) pair of 6 1/2s under the rear deck instead of (1) pair of 6x9s. I was going to swap the 6x8s in my Tacoma doors to Alpine 6 1/2s like 3 years ago but decided not to after I just tried a pair of direct replace Alpine 6x8s with appropriate amps, another set of 6x8s in back, Kenwood compact subs under each seat, combined with all the Dynamat and a new head in the dash, holy moly, no point in cutting up the doors. Granted, smaller environment but my old Tacoma sounds every bit as good, maybe better, than the 14 speaker 720W Bang and Olefson in our Audi.

So, will put Alpine 6 1/2s up front in the 67 kick panels, and (2) pair of JBL GTO620s on the rear deck with the down firing 10" sub in the center. I think I already have a home for the extra JBL 6x9s but, if not, I will advertise accordingly.

:unsure: Wonder if (2) pair of 6x9s will fit in the back of my G-442? Naw, that's a completely silly idea . . .

Speaker p*rn:

g109GTO620S-F.jpg

g500RS652-F.jpg

Kick Panels but with the above Alpines.
KickPanel.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
If you're doing kickpanels, yank the passenger side vent flap, and install a $20 power antenna. It blows people's minds for some reason that a 67 car can have a power antenna......

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Yeah, especially if you can change it out by just removing the vent flap instead of removing the fender, motor, wheels, upper/lower control arms, shocks, springs, and every last miniscule amount of patience you might have left in your person (e.g. like the gbody antenna). :rant:

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Well, just so I can unhook it all when I get my G car done, swap with this one, pull the motor/transmission from this one to regasket EVERYTHING, I went ahead and got all the LOKAR parts needed to swap from linkage to throttle cable. I also grew fond of their kickdown switch that mounts down on the transmission. I could not get the B&M model up by the carb to function reliably. Sometimes it would kick down on normal acceleration and other times you’d have to floor it (could have been partly due to the somewhat binding throttle linkage??).

1A9319B0-BBB6-4536-81D6-589E63D8FE5C.jpeg

F3728E5B-ED6B-4D51-B15F-022CA64699C8.jpeg

85CB65D7-91DB-4836-99D4-B52B03F9F770.jpeg

4075FC74-3CC3-4EC5-90E3-D42957D840E4.jpeg

• Winner

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
So, what is the replacement gasket kit of choice now for Olds? Felpro still OK?

Guy spends $6K doing custom builds on the motor (shortblock + heads) and T400 transmission and then puts the shortblock together and transmission pan on himself when he obviously had no clue. My leaks have leaks. Just going to pull the motor/transmission both out and do it right.

Can then also determine which 425 I have for sure? Might go Edelbrock on the intake and add some cam if I have a 39er? If not, the intake has leaks fore and aft too so I can at least fix those too while it’s out. Pretty things up a bit while out. Will donate the pretty powder coated W/Zs off my G car over and put the new exhaust system the 67 needs on it when I go back together. Thornton headers go back on the G car.

I hate to admit that I need some help on my G car (someone to call 911:oops:) and my sexagenarian friends are rarely available. So, I know I can do all of the 67 work myself. Do a little here and there on my 87 when someone is actually around to help. With my health quirks, that is also an order from “the boss”. :roll:

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor